Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Wojciechowski
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got play Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space once at our Wednesday night game Meet Up, and it was a heart pounding experience. We had 6 players: 3 humans and 3 aliens.

I had decided to try something unexpected and circled towards the alien base. The first alien to reveal himself by attacking happened to be circling on the same side, forcing me hug the central "wall". Meanwhile, unknown to me (and presumably 2 of the aliens) the other two humans had both chosen to make a run for the lower right. I had no idea what was happening until one of the aliens killed both of the other humans in one attack. Ack! What had they been thinking?! With my heart pounding and hunted by 3 aliens, I made a break for the upper left. I thought that 2 of the aliens were in the lower left, but I had no idea where the remaining alien might be.

Luck was with me and I drew 4 green (good/lie) cards in a row. With each card, I lead the aliens on a step-by-step chase to the upper right while I secretly moved the other way. Time and again, 2 aliens and then 3 aliens pounced on the location I declared, or on one of the nearby locations. Finally, I drew a red card and revealed a location far to the upper left. Ah, the look on the aliens' faces when they realized that if I had revealed my real location, I would escape. There was much rejoicing among the humans as I sauntered out the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silva Lorenzo
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool game!

circle towards the alien base is a very crazy strategy! I'll try it next time I play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better is when you rejoice in your victory, turn the handle on the hatch, and then realize that it's one of the malfunctioning ones... Glad you enjoyed the game - it's one of my favorite new ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Bain
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've only just discovered this game! Have really loved it so far. As an alien player I was lured away as described by one of the human players having an insanely lucky run of cards!
For a game so simple in some ways, it's well worth playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls