Popular Tags: [View All]
James Collins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borders is driving me crazy. Every couple of weeks now they're sending me these 40% off coupons. At first I ignored them - their books and DVDs, even at 40% off, are only barely competitive with Amazon most of the time. But as my wife (probably against her better judgment) reminded me, they sell board games too!

I've already purchased A Game of Thrones LCG (in-store) through them along with Dust Tactics (online). Now I've got another coupon in my hand and a greedy desire for more. But which ones? Their online catalog is fairly barren and absurdly annoying to search through. They also seem to carry far more expansions than actual games online? o_O

Their in-store offerings, too, are incredibly hit and miss. I have to sift through five copies of Balls of Brass and Beatles Trivial Pursuit to find anything of worth. But still... 40% off... I feel like I must use it!

So, BGGers - any recommendations? Have you found any awesome Borders 40% off deals? Is anyone else in this same predicament?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the small print. They've added a new exclusion to their list:

Offer Excludes: Borders Rewards Plus memberships, previous purchases, special orders, shipping, gift cards, coupon books, newspapers, magazines, comics, toys, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, used merchandise, textbook rentals, eBooks, audiobook downloads, music downloads, vinyl LPs, Rosetta Stone® software, tax software, video games, all electronics (including eReaders), and eReader Protection Plan Packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have one of the coupons but there is a seperate thread (Here) that says games are NOT included in the 40% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Collins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaaat?? This is like the third or fourth one I've received and none of the other ones had that one there. Way to crush my soul, Borders!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington

Long Island City
New York
msg tools
I have the opposite problem - thanks to all the 50% off coupons they threw all over the internet during Xmas/New Year's, there's only 1-2 game in their inventory I'm interested in so I'm waiting until I can get them for at least 50%.

What I already got half-off includes Dominion, Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, and Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game - I'm comfortable that lists them from best to least bargain in order.

EDIT: Man, the new terms suck; guess I should be grateful I hit the holiday specials as hard as I did...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Collins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Outkast wrote:
I have the opposite problem - thanks to all the 50% off coupons they threw all over the internet during Xmas/New Year's, there's only 1-2 game in their inventory I'm interested in so I'm waiting until I can get them for at least 50%.

What I already got half-off includes Dominion, Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, and Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game - I'm comfortable that lists them from best to least bargain in order.

EDIT: Man, the new terms suck; guess I should be grateful I hit the holiday specials as hard as I did...

I'd be all over BSG if they ever had it in stock- Dominion I almost bought based on BGG hype, but after reading up on the background of the game it just doesn't sound like that much fun. Then again, I'm more of a conflict sort of gamer..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.