Subject: Fall Gelb Campaign victory question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
catalin marin
Romania
bucharest
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

I played last night Fall Gelb Grand Campaign and ended the session in the third Campaign, battle 'Breakout at Sedan'. I think we've played this last battle wrong, so please illuminate us.

There are 6 medals for victory, but in order for the Axis to obtain victory must exit one unit through the exit hex on the bottom of the Allied baseline.

With all the Allied resistance, the Axis made it 6/3, but did not managed to exit one unit. So we continued to battle till the Axis exit one unit or the Allied scores 6 Medals. From now on the score was 3/3 with the Axis still coudn't exit one unit. So we declare the final score 6/6 and give the victory to the Allies (and ending the Campaign afte this scenario).

is it correct or we completely missnderstood the rules,

thank you,

catalin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right.

Allied victory condition is 6 medals.
Axis win condition is 6 medals and 1 exited unit.

Since the Allied got their 6 medals before the Axis could exit a unit, the Allied win.

The Axis will get 6 medals. (Can't get more medals than their victory condition.)

Stig Morten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catalin marin
Romania
bucharest
flag msg tools
Thank you for your answer. So we played it correctly.

I want to ask you 2 more questions:

1. what happens if he already has 6 medals and still try to exit one unit, and distroy one of my unit tanks? does this count for the armor bonus score?

2. what happens if the axis distroy all the allied units and still doesn't exit one unit through the exit hex?

thank you

catalin marin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
muhlerot wrote:
Thank you for your answer. So we played it correctly.

Only happy to help.

muhlerot wrote:

I want to ask you 2 more questions:

1. what happens if he already has 6 medals and still try to exit one unit, and distroy one of my unit tanks? does this count for the armor bonus score?

All Armor units count towards the Armor bonus score, but if the German already has 6 medals it won't give him another medal, just count on the Armor bonus score.

muhlerot wrote:

2. what happens if the axis distroy all the allied units and still doesn't exit one unit through the exit hex?

thank you

catalin marin

The German have to try to exit his unit, because he hasn't met his victory conditions.

At all times check the victory conditions. If they aren't met, continue play.

In your case it would look strange, but you would play on. The Allied player can still draw Air Power or Barrage cards to try to get their 6th medal before the German exits his unit.

Example: Allied player will play cards and do nothing on his turn since he can't order unit while the German will move units towards the exit.
If the Allied player draws Air Power or Barrage he can attack German units.

Stig Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catalin marin
Romania
bucharest
flag msg tools
ok,

I realised that I might have had I chance in drawing Barage card but only after we set up the next scenario. (Air Power was useless for me, because the Allies can't use it in Fall Gelb campaign).

thank you for your support,

catalin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.