Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Obert
Italy
Piossasco-Turin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After some time, I finally set them. It's possible to play with only one or more of them.

STRADA ROMANA OPTIONAL RULES

- Every player begins the game with a cube and a tile of different colors, picked randomly.

- Every player starts to play picking randomly a wagon-card. In 4 or 5 players don't put away secretly a wagon-card, as in the normal game.

- Instead of one tile for each space on the board, 5 tiles are randomly stacked into a pile for everyone of the 6 spaces. During the game players must to take, if they wants, the first tile of the stack, rendering accessible the below tile. When a stack is exhausted just pick the remaining tiles from the bag, as in the normal game, till exhaustion.

- Place a black Victory Point as reminder, over the box near Ager Romanus (on city walls). That box is impassable for the rest of the game.

- Is prohibited to take tile and cube of the same color in the same turn (only for 4-5 players game)

- In the final scoring, in addition to standard scoring, the player earns a point every two complete contracts of the same color.
Ie. 1 red, 2 greens, 3 yellows and 3 blue = 12 (3 max x 4 colors) + 3 (for the 3 double contract greens, yellows and blue). The remaining yellow and blue contracts have no value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very clever optional rules. I like all of them, and I will submit them to my gamin' group in the next game session.

Do you suggest to apply them all together, in a combination or separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try these rules. Thanks for posting them up.

Strada Romana is a fine little game, with excellent components. Our only problem with it was that it often seemed relatively obvious what you had to do next. These optional rules will change that I think as you'll be able to see what new tiles are coming up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone tried?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Obert
Italy
Piossasco-Turin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A better version of the optional rules can be found here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/ngwvegalao/SROpt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.