Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sean dolbee
United States
Grass Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can an AiR unit SR past an Enemy unit through a Partial land-sea hex? The Enemy is in the partial land sea hex. Can the air unit use the hex for SR even though the enemy unit is there or does the air unit have to use the full Sea hex next to the unit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dolbee123 wrote:
Can an AiR unit SR past an Enemy unit through a Partial land-sea hex? The Enemy is in the partial land sea hex. Can the air unit use the hex for SR even though the enemy unit is there or does the air unit have to use the full Sea hex next to the unit?

Read second sentence of 16.2. As I read it, the answer is no; yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
dolbee123 wrote:

I agree with Doug but for a different reason. Rule 16.5: "They may SR over partial land-sea hexes if the land therein is friendly or neutral, but not if it is enemy-controlled." Obviously the hex is enemy controlled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Field Marshall Roe

New Jersey
msg tools
mb
SR's of Airbases
Hello Gentleman!

Question,

I'm currently in my SR Phase, Axis player. I have a Ita. airbase in Orsk, Russia with 10 air factors. I have a Germany airbase in the middle of Russia, with 0 air factors. If possible, could I switch the airbases during the SR phase? Therefore, the German airbase is now in Orsk with 10 factors of air and the Italian airbase will be in the middle of Russia.

Please advise and many thanks!

Field Marshall Roe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If one views SRs as being simultaneous and not sequential, then it would seem perfectly OK to swop them over at a cost of 2 SRs.

Overstacking and the prohibition of more than one airbase in a hex would kick in at the end of SR, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
While it is not explicit in the rules AFAIK, I would certainly agree with Doug's view, that units in general may SR into a (theoretically) overstacked situation, as long as it is remedied before the end of that SR phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree, this supported by:
28.16 If SR of an airbase counter reduces basing capacity below the number of air factors present, the excess factors must also be SR'ed (separately) or be eliminated.

So clearly you can at least SR the one airbase away and SR the other airbase to the air units. I don't see why the first SR couldn't move that airbase to the other one.

Just one question: why? Unless it's a two-player Axis, once placed( from the next turn ) the nationality of the airbase doesn't matter much. When the time comes just SR the one to where you need it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Field Marshall Roe

New Jersey
msg tools
mb

Good morning Gentleman!

The reason for my question is, that I have extra Italian SR's, I need to maximize my German SR's (9) only. Not to brag, but the Axis reign is from the mountains of Spain to the Caspian Sea, from Norway to all of Africa. The only issue that have playing the Germans is the amount of SR's. The German SR's should be a equal as the U.S. .

Again, thank you all Third Reich General!

F.M. Roe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.