Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Foster
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Just a couple of basic questions here.

1. If an opponent pays, say, a 1 food entry fee to me with 1 Franc, may I spend that Franc as money, or is it strictly food? If it's food, how is this represented? Should the Franc be exchanged for food before payment?

2. If an opponent pays a food entry fee with fish, may I smoke the fish later, or is that fish strictly 1 food?

I looked and looked in the rulebook for the answer to these questions, but I couldn't find them.

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Francs can always be substituted for food, but not the reverse. A franc is a franc is a franc. You can use it for anything you want once you have it.

2. Once the fish (or bread, or meat) is yours, you can do whatever you want with it.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Foster
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response!

We were putting all food entry fee payments (including Francs) on our Butteries to be used only as food. What you are describing makes sense and is more elegant.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
cjfoster wrote:
Thanks for the quick response!

We were putting all food entry fee payments (including Francs) on our Butteries to be used only as food. What you are describing makes sense and is more elegant.

Thanks again!

Sure thing.

The Buttery is good from turn to turn to store food so that you don't use the stuff that's there if you're planning on feeding your workers (partially or fully) at the end of the round - not really a constraint, per se, but a tool to use during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.