Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inside the back page of Spielbox 1/2011 there is a power grid card called Speicherkraftwerke or Storage power plant. This is one card value 10 and has a few rules with it as well. Looks interesting.

EDIT: As mentioned below, and what I forgot to mention, is it is indeed just a picture of a proposed card in their Tweaks and variations section, but it is approved by 2F-Spiele, though non-official.

Rules:
There are two of these available per player.
For 10, you can buy one at any time during the game.
If charged, it powers exactly one city. it is then exhausted but can be recharged.
They are in play in addition to regular plants, and not counted toward the power plant limit, nor subject to their restrictions.
They are charged by generating more energy than you need for your cities. Place a token on it to indicate it is charged.
If you have charged storage plants and generate less energy than you need for your cities they must be discharged. In this case, you may not keep the energy to use it later to your advantage, such as in the end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this inclued in the BGG promos or is it completely different?

Edit: I see that it is not included in the BGG promos. It looks like a dam or reservoir. Do we have rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an inofficial plant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Mertens
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is mentioned, that the card is well approved from 2F, but declared as 'non-official'; if there is enough demand (eg thumbs) I could translate the rules in next to no time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it is totally different.
in this particular corner of the spielbox they allways start thinking about tweaking games to improve the game.

In this issue they invented the storage plant.
In cooperation with and approval of the artist of the Power Grid drawings, they drawed a new powerplant, a waterdam.

You should have prepared 2 of those for each player if you wanna use them.
You can buy instantly when needed.

If you have a round where you generate more energy then you need for your houses, you charge this new storage plant (by pumping water in hte basin).
In een next round where you have a shortage of energy, you can (have to) drain the basin for an extra portion of energy.

It is a DIY project, because the card is only printed as a picture in the magazine.

JeVo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:

isn't it more of a shrubbery?

Ni. Ni. Ni ni ni.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeVo wrote:
It is a DIY project, because the card is only printed as a picture in the magazine.

Ah. Very important bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
JeVo wrote:

Ah. Very important bit.

Thank goodness. I'm still kicking myself for overpaying for all of the promo cards that I was able to buy this week for $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Impr3ssionThank goodness. I'm still kicking myself for overpaying for all of the promo cards that I was able to buy this week for $5.[/q]

Don't blame the promo cards! they are just 0.01$, the rest is shipping and handling

In Holland we got the promo cards as a promo with our Games magazine.

JeVo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
JeVo wrote:
Don't blame the promo cards! they are just 0.01$, the rest is shipping and handling

Ryan is not blaming the BGG store's cost of the promo cards, he is kicking himself for paying for the promos individually!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
JeVo wrote:

Ryan is not blaming the BGG store's cost of the promo cards, he is kicking himself for paying for the promos individually!

Exactly. As I said elsewhere, I'm choosing to think of it like this: by acquiring the theme park card for $.01, the average cost I have paid for each promo has dropped dramatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the pdf with the card (x6):

http://www.spielbox.de/downloads/fssk_x6.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.