Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot seem to find a clear answer on this. Does it matter which card is used to order the Infantry in square to come out of square if the adjacent Cavalry has been driven off during the battle phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SFRR wrote:
I cannot seem to find a clear answer on this. Does it matter which card is used to order the Infantry in square to come out of square if the adjacent Cavalry has been driven off during the battle phase?

No, as long as it's a card whose orders can apply to Infantry. There is no specific card for ordering a unit to come out of square.

If you spend one of the card's orders on a unit in square and that unit has no enemy cavalry adjacent to it, the unit can come out of square and move and battle as normal.

Coming out of square happens during the initial order phase and before the movement phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I have two British Line Infantry units, one in square and adjacent to an enemy Cavalry, and the other within range two from the enemy Cavalry; can I order the two British Infantry units with the "Fire & Hold" card, the one in square, and the one not? No movement of course, then during combat the ranged fire from the British Line Infantry at range two and not in square forces the enemy Cavalry to retreat...now can my squared British Infantry, with no Cavalry adjacent at this point, unsquare and conduct ranged fire/battle as normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
NO and NO.

As Eric stated, "Coming out of square is enacted DURING the initial order phase", hence cannot be ordered to 'un-square' because the Cavalry at THAT time was next to the square.

And they couldn't be ordered by Fire and Hold because during the Order phase they were next to the enemy and couldn't fire.

This was answered also on another thread here, and this was the definitive answer from the "Top".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/601664/timing-of-orders-re-c...

Here's the thead that gives (eventually) the offical answer on this subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I cannot seem to find a clear answer on this.

Well, it does help to look through the forums and see if a question has already been asked and answered.

While some people post with useless reference titles, like "two questions," in this case the reference title was very clear and, if one looked at the "rules" forum list, was only a couple threads away.

Now we have two threads for the same question-- let's hope we don't need a lot more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

Now we have two threads for the same question-- let's hope we don't need a lot more.

That's right, because Kevin has to pay extra every time a new duplicated thread is launched!

Some people might think that forum are for asking questions, but this is wrong! Forums are for discouraging players asking questions just in case it has been asked before. Duplication is bad, because it makes it twice as likely to be found..

Honestly Kevin, what does it matter? Why stamp down on players asking what other places call FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.