Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally played for the first time after hearing this game hyped for 20 years! A great time was had by all four of us, but we probably blew many of the rules.

Considering the end of turn VPs from leftover income my basic question is whether the money is consumed (returned to the bank) in the exchange or retained for spending for the next turn. Our confusion comes from the term 'spent' on the player sheet and the rules stating that fractions are dropped.

It was our assumption that the money is retained after the exchange as a 'bonus' for not spending all of one's money that turn. It was clear to all that fractional VPs are not tracked.

If the money is indeed consumed, is this exchange mandatory?

Thanks.

Fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
All money left at the end of the turn MUST be used to purchase VPs. It may not be retained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
All money left at the end of the turn MUST be used to purchase VPs. It may not be retained.

What he said. You don't roll cash over from turn to turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaah. Like I said, we messed up a few things. All in the name of learning.

Thanks.

I shall alert the gang.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.