Subject: Location cards and Starting Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Parrish
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
I just picked this up tonight and tinkered around with it a bit and I'm a little confused on location cards vs. the setup location card (Void-Lock). The rulebook is a little Choose Your Own Adventure when it comes to explaining things and I'm lost.

I understand that the Void Lock setup card is your first location (yes?) and you play through that until you are able to travel. This is where I get a little confused:

1. Once you travel, does the setup card remain to let you know how many genestealers spawn in the major/minor terrain spots or does the location card that comes into play replace the setup card?

2. If so, how do you know how many genestealers spawn and where?

I could have easily overlooked it but I've hunted through the rulebook a handful of times and can't figure it out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The starting card tells you the spawn amounts for the entire game. The new location card replaces everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Parrish
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Perfect, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Universal Head made an EXCELLENT rules resource that's in the Files section of the Death Angel game entry - I'm not sure I would have figured out the game w/out it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wallace
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6th Circle Nethermancer in Service of the Queen!
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually put the new Locations OVER most of the Void Lock card, letting only the Major and Minor spawn numbers show for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
Raven Bloodeyes wrote:
I usually put the new Locations OVER most of the Void Lock card, letting only the Major and Minor spawn numbers show for the rest of the game.

As do I.. It's the easy way of keeping tabs on things... thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Novak
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Nice and smooth.
badge
Our sentence is up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gripen wrote:
Raven Bloodeyes wrote:

As do I.. It's the easy way of keeping tabs on things... thumbsup

Me too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.