The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
finished posting all monsters/villians I have created (except the halfblood archer)to go with an expansionI am working on "Cult of the Serpent"

please reply with any feedback

next up....the scenerios

any ideas on encounters, treasure are welcomed

thanks
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/6370660#6370660
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike! I haven't played this or Castle Ravenloft, but I've read a lot of the reviews and have a general idea how they play.

If it hasn't already been done, a good scenario idea might involve the heroes, under a time limit, trying to find and rescue a captured princess who the snake cultists intend to sacrifice after a certain number of turns. If the heroes can get there in time, then they have to escape with her back to the starting tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its a great game roger.....thanks for the input!!!
that is a GREATidea for a scenerio that I will ondeed use!!!

If you can think of any specific treasure to maybe use that would be cool.

Also, have you ever used Dwarven Forge products?
they look really cool,and I was thinking about getting some

good to hear from you
mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not sure what treasures are capable of in the Ravenloft/Ashardalon system, but one thought that occurs to me would be some kind of snake staff treasure called something like the "Staff of Set" (maybe the head of the staff looks like the head of a rearing cobra with his hood all spread out?) that might give a hero a bonus of some kind against Yuan-Ti and outright drives away lesser snake monsters, like Fiendish Snakes and Snake Swarms which both are actual D&D minis that go for fairly cheap online.

As for Dwarven Forge stuff, nope, I've never used any of it. I've seen pictures, and yeah it does look awesome, but it's definitely out of my price range.

Tell Marco and the guys I said hi!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some guys around here who have literally thousands of dollars of Dwarven Forge stuff, they can cover a 4x8 table with tons to spare.

It is gorgeous stuff, no question. I generally don't balk at game prices, folks deserve to get paid for their work. DF however, is even beyond mt price range. There are a lot of more inexpensive options around, some requiring lots of work (Hirst Arts), some requiring no work. Just google around a bit and there are lots of folks making this stuff.

No question though, if you have the cash Dwarven Forge is top of the line stuff.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.