7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: Second edition problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, yesterday I have bought the second edition of this game at a fair in Italy. The copies sold there have a problem: 6 military cards of Era 3 have a darker back confronting it with the back of the other Era 3 cards, so you can recognize them looking the backs... Also in other nations there are copies with this problem? Somebody knows how to obtain replacements?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
desmodus
France
Bantzenheim
flag msg tools
badge
Die Ärzte, Bad Religioon, Bauhaus, Dom Perignon, In Extremo, Joy Division, Lacrimosa, New Model Army, Nirvana, Officine Panerai, Placebo, Rammstein, The Sisters of Mercy, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, The Mission, Die Toten Hosen, Umbra et Imago
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes this problem occured in other countries too.
At least I heard it from Germany and France.

But it doesn't seem to be very obvious. Just hide the cards behind others when still in your hand and under your hand when selcted until all players have choosen their own cards.

Personally I wouldn't even try cheating and looking at the cards of my gamebuddies. But of course you can't be sure of the behaviour of other players.
Don't tell them and they will likely never notice.

desmodus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desmodus wrote:
Just hide the cards behind others when still in your hand and under your hand when selcted until all players have choosen their own cards.

For the price it is selling the cards should have no problems at all. Request replacement cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I paid 39 euro for a bunch of cards, they should be perfect. How can I request replacement cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george palant
Cayman Islands
flag msg tools
Send your demand to repod production.

www.rprod.com

They will answer you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Gesumaria
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue with my US version. I know it's a problem but while waiting for replacement I haven't really notice too much of an issue with it playing with 7 players I'm always too busy looking at what cards I already have and rarely look at the backs of the card others hold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coincidentally, I just bought this game yesterday as well and my Age III military cards also have the same issue.

In addition, all of the wonder boards are from a different language edition (everything else is english). Not sure what language - they read "ÉPHESOS", "HALIKARNASSÓS", "RHÓDOS", etc.

It's playable, but feels blah to crack open a purchase and find defects like this immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is depressing news. Given the strong sales I had so hoped the publisher would be fixing some of the production shortcomings of the first ed. Now it sounds like they managed to not even vault their low bar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the 2nd edition yesterday (3/26) in the U.S. from Coolstuffinc. I have darker purple backs on the following Age III cards:

Arsenal (3+ players)
Arsenal (4+ players)
Arsenal (7+ players)
Circus (4+ players)
Circus (5+ players)
Circus (6+ players)

I sent an email to Repos Production and will hopefully hear back soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone upload pics yet of the problems?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure someone who won't be able to get 7 wonders during this shipment run would be more than happy with "defective" cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novean
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OreCol02 wrote:
I'm sure someone who won't be able to get 7 wonders during this shipment run would be more than happy with "defective" cards.

I'm sure a turd sandwich would satisfy a starving man but that doesn't make it right. The manufacturer needs to fix the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
calhokie wrote:
OreCol02 wrote:

I'm sure a turd sandwich would satisfy a starving man but that doesn't make it right. The manufacturer needs to fix the cards.

If I was that starving man I'd eat only the bread...gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Suter
United States
Orlando
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BakaMattSu wrote:
Coincidentally, I just bought this game yesterday as well and my Age III military cards also have the same issue.

In addition, all of the wonder boards are from a different language edition (everything else is english). Not sure what language - they read "ÉPHESOS", "HALIKARNASSÓS", "RHÓDOS", etc.

It's playable, but feels blah to crack open a purchase and find defects like this immediately.

My copy bought from CSI also had this problem. I haven't counted the cards or looked at them yet but I was let down BIG time when I opened the box. I hope they fix this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Suter
United States
Orlando
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gromguitar4 wrote:
BakaMattSu wrote:

My copy bought from CSI also had this problem. I haven't counted the cards or looked at them yet but I was let down BIG time when I opened the box. I hope they fix this.

I just looked at the back of the instruction manual (which is completely in English) that gives a detailed description of the various Civilizations. If you look closely, the names are misprinted in those pictures too. Maybe it was intentional? I have no idea why they would want to do that though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I blame the klaxons at BGG for pounding the drums to release the second edition and forcing the company to circumvent QA...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie M
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Gromguitar4 wrote:
Quote:
BakaMattSu wrote:

I just looked at the back of the instruction manual (which is completely in English) that gives a detailed description of the various Civilizations. If you look closely, the names are misprinted in those pictures too. Maybe it was intentional? I have no idea why they would want to do that though.

This looks similar to the way they wrote the cities in TTR: Europe. In that game they use Bruxelles, where in the US we would say Brussels, Warszawa vs. Warsaw, etc. The French spell Brussels as Bruxelles and the Polish spell Warsaw as Warszawa.

The different spellings for the cities, as compared to the original edition, uses a similar idea, in my opinion. This must be the way the Greeks spell these cities, using the Roman alphabet and not the Greek one.

Also, this means that the company can print one placard for most, if not all, of the countries that it ships the game to, thus saving money and time.

These are just my thoughts and I have no idea if that is the real reason why the changes were made, but I believe they are plausible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Suter
United States
Orlando
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orangechick1337 wrote:

This looks similar to the way they wrote the cities in TTR: Europe. In that game they use Bruxelles, where in the US we would say Brussels, Warszawa vs. Warsaw, etc. The French spell Brussels as Bruxelles and the Polish spell Warsaw as Warszawa.

The different spellings for the cities, as compared to the original edition, uses a similar idea, in my opinion. This must be the way the Greeks spell these cities, using the Roman alphabet and not the Greek one.

Also, this means that the company can print one placard for most, if not all, of the countries that it ships the game to, thus saving money and time.

These are just my thoughts and I have no idea if that is the real reason why the changes were made, but I believe they are plausible.

This makes total sense but ugh. I like how they had the entire name of the wonder up top in the first edition instead of some multi-language filler. Printing this game is a license to print money, so you figure it wouldn't kill them to just keep what they had already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh...kind of wish I would of seen this post before I ordered my copy yesterday. The different languages & overall shorter names on the wonder boards is definitely disappointing.

The english rules on their site still show the original names, but if it's changed in the rule book too, then this must be their new way of printing the game. Can't see them replacing these for people. The card issues will probably be fixed easy enough, they'll be getting an email from me for sure once I open my copy.

I'm still looking forward to receiving/finally playing the game, but little details like this always bug me. On the plus side, I'm really liking the look of the new insert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orangechick1337 wrote:
Quote:
Gromguitar4 wrote:
Quote:
BakaMattSu wrote:

Yes, these are the Greek names of the cities written with Latin characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anderson Imes
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I sure would like to see someone chime in with "I don't see these problems".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmillwillkill wrote:
andersonimes wrote:
I sure would like to see someone chime in with "I don't see these problems".

I dont have those problems or if I do, no one has noticed it yet out of about 20 different people who have played with my version

... but do you have the new version that came out this week or the one released at the tail end of last year. Your profile shows you got it in Jan 2011 which would be the first printing and not the one people seem to have issues with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bunch of people should get CSI shipments this week (including me) so there should be plenty of people checking shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I don't see these problems."

Of course, I don't have the game, either...cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.