4 Posts

Earth Reborn» Forums » General

Subject: Reason for free hits to the rear? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the rulebook in preparation for my first game of scenario 1, and i'm having some difficulty understanding the reason why characters apparently get free hits against characters attacking them from their rear. I at first assumed the little flash icon signified that ther attacking player got 2 free hits on the character who's rear they were assaulting, but the examples seem to say that this isn't so.

It's X automatic hits, am I right? Isn't that better than getting attack dice?

Eco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been asked elsewhere. Free hits are not nearly as good as attack dice, which offer a better average and the possibility of automatic wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for the info.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The attack dice has the change of doing zero, one, two hits, or an automatic hit. The zero is only on one side. So with a one in six chance, I'd trade a +1 Free Hit for a Die Roll, since I'll most likely get 1 hit, but there's a chance I'll get an Automatic Hit and do damage to my attacker.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.