Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks.

Just received my copy a couple of days ago. All I've managed to do so far is read the rules and run through the 2 player example in the playbook. I have a question that seems pretty dumb, but I'm gonna ask anyways just to be sure.

It seems the only mention of discarding a card is when the US player discards (as opposed to playing or holding) his last card of the turn. Otherwise, it would appear as if one must always play a card for ops or events, making it impossible to get rid of a nasty opponent event by discarding and forgoing those ops points.

Have I got that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it. US player can only get rid of Jihadist event cards by discarding it as the last card. And the Jihadist can ignore an US event by using it to plot. The first time each turn the jihadist plots, the card is sent to 1st plot box, which means that the event can be ignored. Other than that, only way to block opponent events is to check the prerequisites to those events and play them when they are not met. And then there are some event cards which might enable you to ignore or block opponents events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Never underestimate the power of a card such as "HAMAS Elected" that lets the US choose 1 card to be discarded, or you can leave a bad card until the end, and play a card that has the effect of discarding a random card from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Never underestimate the power of a card such as "HAMAS Elected" that lets the US choose 1 card to be discarded, or you can leave a bad card until the end, and play a card that has the effect of discarding a random card from your hand.

Absolutely! I had a hand like that last night. Unfortunately I was playing my second game so that tactic passed me by until I'd ducked the enforced discard- thinking I was clever, and then got whacked by the bad card I should've discarded. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.