Popular Tags: [View All]
R Ogaki
United States
McLean
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
2. If after air naval combat the Offensives player is the only player with active air and/or carrier units participating in the ground battle (there are no surviving active or inactive Reaction player air or carrier units) then the Offensives player adds +2 to the die roll for air superiority.

What qualifies as "participating in"? Are air units which are not in the BH, but attacked into the BH "participating in" the combat? Or do the units have to be physically IN the BH to qualify?

i.e. say I'm attacking Singapore. In order to qualify for the air combat bonus, does the CV Shokaku have to be IN Singapore, or merely within 3 hexes and have participated in A/N combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remosu37 wrote:
Quote:
2. If after air naval combat the Offensives player is the only player with active air and/or carrier units participating in the ground battle (there are no surviving active or inactive Reaction player air or carrier units) then the Offensives player adds +2 to the die roll for air superiority.

What qualifies as "participating in"? Are air units which are not in the BH, but attacked into the BH "participating in" the combat? Or do the units have to be physically IN the BH to qualify?

i.e. say I'm attacking Singapore. In order to qualify for the air combat bonus, does the CV Shokaku have to be IN Singapore, or merely within 3 hexes and have participated in A/N combat?

Air units/ carriers do not have to be in the battle hex hex. Non-carrier naval units have to be in the battle hex. A carrier in a battle hex counts both for air and naval modifier.

In your example the Shokaku just has to be within it's three hex range to be participating in the battle.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Ogaki
United States
McLean
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.