Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of situations have arisen where we weren't sure how to proceed. I'd appreciate any official word on these.

This Show Is Over Does this card mean that the gig has happened or not? In particular, if Big Band, Detained or Destroy All Instruments were played, do their permanent effects take place?

Gender Specific and Nepotism. If I am male, and Mom is in my band with Nepotism, and someone plays Gender Specific on me, does Mom get discarded?

For Roadie and Unannounced Surprise, are you allowed to look through the discard pile before you play them?

Does Ace destroy instruments as well, or can they be redistributed?

Does Beer Sponsor affect Monkey Wrenches which have already been played?

Thanks,

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hey John,

Subject: Rules questions - inter-card ambiguities
A couple of situations have arisen where we weren't sure how to proceed. I'd appreciate any official word on these.

I'm the game designer, as official as it gets!

This Show Is Over Does this card mean that the gig has happened or not? In particular, if Big Band, Detained or Destroy All Instruments were played, do their permanent effects take place?

Gig is over, all cards played are discarded.

Gender Specific and Nepotism. If I am male, and Mom is in my band with Nepotism, and someone plays Gender Specific on me, does Mom get discarded?

No. Nepotism supercedes Gender Specific. Any card that "locks down" another card is law.

For Roadie and Unannounced Surprise, are you allowed to look through the discard pile before you play them?

Yes.

Does Ace destroy instruments as well, or can they be redistributed?

Destroyed.

Does Beer Sponsor affect Monkey Wrenches which have already been played?

No.

Smif

Thanks,

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan. You missed this one:

Quote:
In particular, if Big Band, Detained or Destroy All Instruments were played, do their permanent effects take place?

It's good to hear from you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Beer Sponser does not affect MW already in play, just stops any more going into play. BM being played as guest stars are not affected as they are BM not MW. Yes the above card's effects have taken place.

This Gig is over, all cards played during gig are discarded, no effects have taken place. Purple haze all in your brain.

Smif
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Absolutely, Quick Thinking is just that. It isn't over until I (Quick Thinking card holder) say it is!

Smif
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smif wrote:
Absolutely, Quick Thinking is just that. It isn't over until I (Quick Thinking card holder) say it is!

Smif

How does that work? Do you keep going around the table playing Monkey Wrenches one round? Or do you keep playing Monkey Wrenches until all pass then resolve the Gig is Over? Or can ONLY someone with Quick Thinking play any further monkey wrenches?

After all, I often play monkey wrenches when I have no chance of winning the gig, just to discard them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nickoloff
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lou-Dawg wrote:
smif wrote:

Smif

How does that work? Do you keep going around the table playing Monkey Wrenches one round? Or do you keep playing Monkey Wrenches until all pass then resolve the Gig is Over? Or can ONLY someone with Quick Thinking play any further monkey wrenches?

After all, I often play monkey wrenches when I have no chance of winning the gig, just to discard them.

As this game is a "lighter" game, there is a rules issue between "This Show is Over" and "Quick Thinking".

When we teach (and play the game), we allow someone to play QT to cancel TSiO, even though the rules _lean_ toward that the Gig is over and no more MR can be played.

Again, this is a light, fun card game, so have fun

In your house rules, you can do what you want.

--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Roche
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's one I haven't seen resolved. If a player has the (2) side of the PRODIGY Card played on their ME card, and the player has two matching instruments played (either two of the same featured kind or one each of BOTH featured cards for the BP ME cards), does the player earn TWO Superstar Points for the matching instruments?

ADDITIONAL FOLLOW-UP: If it's played on any other Band Member that gets a +1 bonus for a given instrument type(s), would they get +2 for having 2 instruments that fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.