GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,978 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Broken Allegiances rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A player controls two areas with friendly strongholds, one containing 2 allied Dragons and the other containing a single allied Sorcerer. After drawing the fate card, the "Broken Allegiances" Summer Season Card instructs him that he must destroy 2 units of his choice from a friendly area that contains a neutral unit. Can that player choose to destroy the allied Sorcerer (since that unit is in a friendly area that contains a neutral unit), or is he forced to destroy his 2 Dragons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I know he must destroy 2 units total. So he can destroy 1 Dragon and 1 Sorcerer

EDIT: You convinced me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
I second pabula, as per the FAQ whenever a player has to make a choice, he has to choose an option that fulfills the requirenments to the fullest degree, i.e. he cannot choose a space with only one allied unit, as he has to choose two and he has an applicaple space.

Had he only had spaces with a maximum of one allied unit, of course he would have to destroy one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Maylott
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, from the FAQ, you can sacrifice allied neutral or normal units.

Reading the Season card:
Summer Season - Broken Allegiances wrote:
He must destroy 2 units of his choice from a friendly area that contains a neutral unit

My opinion would be that if you had 2 dragons in a hex with a stronghold and 1 sorcerer at a stronghold, then yes you would lose 2 dragons since you have to lose 2 units, you can not choose the hex with 1 sorcerer.

However, if you have 2 dragons with 3 normal units (normal units feeding the dragons) and 1 sorcerer with 2 normal units.
You can choose to lose:
A) 2 dragons. Why?
B) 1 dragon and 1 normal
C) 2 normal units from the dragons.
D) 1 Sorcerer and 1 normal
E) 2 Normal units and lose control of the hex with the sorcerer.

For me, it would be C or D, regardless of the normal units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player is forced to destroy 2 units of his choice from a friendly area that contains a neutral unit. Can that player really choose two units from different areas? In other words:

A player controls two areas with friendly strongholds, one containing an allied Dragon and an allied Sorcerer and the other containing a single allied Sorcerer. Can that player choose to destroy two of his allied Sorcerers, or is he forced to destroy his allied Dragon and Sorcerer from the same area?

A player controls two areas with friendly strongholds, each containing a single allied Dragon. Is that player forced to destroy both of his allied Dragons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
A player controls two areas with friendly strongholds, one containing an allied Dragon and an allied Sorcerer and the other containing a single allied Sorcerer. Can that player choose to destroy two of his allied Sorcerers, or is he forced to destroy his allied Dragon and Sorcerer from the same area?

A player controls two areas with friendly strongholds, each containing a single allied Dragon. Is that player forced to destroy both of his allied Dragons?

No, and no.

From a single area, both units must be chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above:

- The two units must come from a single area.
- If there is an area where two units can be destroyed, it MUST be chosen over an area with only one unit to be destroyed.
- The destroyed units don't have to be neutrals, but must be in the same area as a neutral unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.