GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,129 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

YesMyNameIs Smith

Medina
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the game so far, very tense in an enjoyable way ;-)

1) Once a breach has been placed, is the only upgrade available to flip it to barricades? I'm assuming this is the case...

2) Once in play, is the Bloody Battle marker always in play on some army, or does it ever get sent back to Reserve?

3) Unless brought back into the game through an event (or was it a quest?), are spells basically "one and done" affairs?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A few rules questions
1. Correct. Once a wall has been breached, you cannot build another upgrade on that wall (you can build an upgrade on another unbreached wall with no upgrade or you can upgrade the breach to a barricade).

2. Always in play (for now).

3. Spells are cast and then discarded (they are not returned to the spell pool unless brought back into play by an event or quest).

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloody Battles
Regarding the bloody battle marker, this thread has suggested an idea for the expansion: how about a spell, quest, or event that sends the marker back to the reserve? It obviously wouldn't stay there long, just until it shows up on a card again, but such an effect would give the player a brief respite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Excellent questions. I was doing spells wrong and didn't realize it.

To the OP - there has been an effort to get the subject of rules questions to specifically list their questions to help others who are looking for rules clarification. If you wouldn't mind changing your subject line to something like: breach/barricade, bloody battle marker, and spell usage questions it would be appreciated.

and just so you don't think I'm a total nut job, here's the thread: [CLOSED] Campaign to make the rules folders more useful (119 game folders adopted, 807 title changes documented)

edit - whoops, just looked over that thread again and even my suggestion is lacking, maybe this instead:

Questions: barricades only upgrade for breaches; bloody battle marker never sent back to reserves; spells are single use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith

Medina
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd... I changed the subject, but it still shows the old one on the main forum, even though it's clearly changed once you get into the message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith

Medina
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, I guess posting a new message was enough to make it change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. And in the spirit of the thread I referenced I tipped you a geek gold. Man, this could get expensive ... so I'd better be careful for what I ask for as I just might get it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.