GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,525 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Derek Springer flawlesslyfaulted
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the three sites it would be kind of cool if you could assign what microbadges appear (badges and avatars too, i suppose) with your persona when users view you in the different geek sites.

This may already be true and I don't know it, but it would be nice if your badges seen by others in VGG reflected things you cared about in video games while the badges seen in posts/articles etc in BGG or RPG sites reflected board game concepts and role playing game subjects respectively when you have a presence on those sites.

Of course for the poor and new indoctrinated users like myself it might be a while before I can afford microbadges for the three sites let alone avatars and badges.

Still it would be interesting to see this work for other users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, whenever I go over to the vgg side I can't but wonder if any potential newcomers there are not scared by VGG being so obviously dominated by boardgame players precisely because of all the BG-related MBs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
Australia
Ashburton
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea, I think it could be a neat option to turn on and off. I do however enjoy seeing a lot of different badges and as I don't hang out at RPG geek, I would be missing out on seeing some really cool micro badges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Springer flawlesslyfaulted
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greatsage wrote:
I like the idea, I think it could be a neat option to turn on and off. I do however enjoy seeing a lot of different badges and as I don't hang out at RPG geek, I would be missing out on seeing some really cool micro badges.

You could make an on/off toggle or a person could just assign the same badges for each of the the zones if they want to appear that way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 15302. dspringer13
  • 1d100 =
  • (6) =
  • likelyhood they will implement this feature...(lets see what the dice say)
  • Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:20 am
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.