GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,802 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Recommended Card Sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Cooper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I'm new to using card sleeves and recently purchased the recommended sleeves from FFG for this game. Suffice to say, I wasn't very impressed with them. They seemed too big for the cards and didn't allow for them to fit back in the box layout.
Can someone help out a noob and recommend a better sleeve for these cards? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
You might want to have a look through this Thread= Card sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Cooper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Sorry, I must have missed it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Pagano
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clay,
Just wondering what you meant by to big. I used the FFG sleeves (Green Pack) and they fit well but they did triple the thickness of the cards. The only reason Im asking is that FFG makes so many types its easy to get the wrong ones. I know because have done it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG makes it pretty easy though. They tell you exactly which type and how many to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Cooper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I made the mistake of ordering the solid backed green ones. Not only are they 1/4 inch wider, but I was dismayed that you couldn't tell what kind of card it was from the back! After a little more research, I realize I need to order the standard boardgame green clear ones!

I told you I was a noob at this stuff! Live and learn, I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hill
United States
spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Claybo wrote:
I made the mistake of ordering the solid backed green ones. Not only are they 1/4 inch wider, but I was dismayed that you couldn't tell what kind of card it was from the back! After a little more research, I realize I need to order the standard boardgame green clear ones!

I told you I was a noob at this stuff! Live and learn, I guess?

did the same damn thing myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Al
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
I used the standard 'USA Chimera' sleeves from Mayday Games. (Orange packet) I treat my cards pretty well anyway so didn't require the thickness of the premium variety.

They fit the cards snug and they still all fit in the original box. Even with the micro expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ManiacFIve wrote:
They fit the cards snug and they still all fit in the original box. Even with the micro expansions.

Good to know that the expansions doesn't make the cards overflow, especially since I'm planning on using those sleeves. As soon as they arrive in the FLGS that is... thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ManiacFIve wrote:
I used the standard 'USA Chimera' sleeves from Mayday Games. (Orange packet) I treat my cards pretty well anyway so didn't require the thickness of the premium variety.

Just confirming that these sleeves do work, I just finished sleeving all cards with them. I too got both the Mission Pack1 and the Space Marine Pack1to fit sleeved. Without any modifications to the box.
for those that need visual assistance.wow

As a sidenote, after sleeving the cards you can't really tell them apart by touch.

edit: changed image from gallery to uploaded image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.