Mike Welker
United States
flag msg tools
A variant I have been toying with:

In any turn in which the Presidente changes, regardless of the source of such change, the Mexican players is barred from taking reinforcements or replacements.

Further, in the Crisis phase of the game, the Mexican player is limited to one reinforcement event maximum from drawing action cards and, also, is allowed to play replacements but halves the die (round down),(or dice, as in the case of two-star leader) roll for calculating replacements. Once at war, these limits are no longer in effect as of the beginning of the turn following the turn of war declaration.

Intent: the Mx army seems too robust in the early stages and there needs to be an interaction effect between the political winds of change and the ability of the army to replace losses and access its reinforcements. The turmoil of changes in the presidential level ought to have at least confusion and delays, so this simple variant could capture the feel of this issue.

I invite folks to try this out and post feedback here in the forum. If it seems to work well, I will put this into more "official" status once Bill Cooper and David Fox see the variant in action.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.