GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,024 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Phantom League» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thematic Docking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious about this version. It seems like the prefered way to play since it seems to make more sense. I'm wondering why this wasn't used in the standard game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I was curious about this version. It seems like the prefered way to play since it seems to make more sense. I'm wondering why this wasn't used in the standard game?

Yes, this was how I originally designed the game.

But then there were rounds to test gaming (for a year or so) and
rather many said "simplify, simplify, simplify" and now it seems
that much of the development is actually going towards what we had some time ago.

Maybe it shows that I was too gullible
...but I believe I have learned my lesson. In 'Mostly Harmless' test group is larger, more international and I no longer believe everything they say
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Yes, this was how I originally designed the game.

But then there were rounds to test gaming (for a year or so) and
rather many said "simplify, simplify, simplify" and now it seems
that much of the development is actually going towards what we had some time ago.

Maybe it shows that I was too gullible
...but I believe I have learned my lesson. In 'Mostly Harmless' test group is larger, more international and I no longer believe everything they say

That makes sense! One thing I did notice is the original docking makes the early game a little easier since only neutral systems have 1 card while others have 0 cards. We're going to play our first game on Saturday so trying to decide which to use. I'm leaning towards thematic since I really like the concept of reputation affecting your docking with each side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.