GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

1776» Forums » General

Subject: looking for a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Royer
msg tools
mb
I'm looking for a Cyberboard 1776 game and would rate myself novice. Anybody out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rick,

I recently "re-discovered" this game after it was sitting packed up in storage for 20+ years. I played a face-to-face game with a guy last summer using his second edition rules (my game is an older first edition). I then met a guy online over the winter who wanted to play on Cyberboard, which neither of us were familiar with. But it is a better implementation than VASSAL, since it has the leaders needed for the third edition rules. Since it was new to both of us, so we sort of did tutorials along the way and even a couple of "do-overs" as we got the hang of the mechanics and rules.

I'd love to get another game going. Since you have rated yourself as a novice, I should let you know that I am more into having fun and helping guys to learn the game and don't play with a "win at all costs" mentality. So let me know which side you want to play and we can get started. Do you have any experience with Cyberboard?

Steve

P.S. I live in MN by the way. Where are you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.