GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,858 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Operation Sealion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:
This scenario was entertaining but the map needed to be bigger with more room on the flanks. The breakthrough board isn’t really an option because the configuration is wrong -- the rectangle needs to be wider than it is deep to really set the mood for Operation Sealion.

Have you considered the BattleLore Epic Board Pete? it is 17 x 13 as opposed to 13 x 17 of the Breakthrough board.
Another great Alternative Scenario Pete, you inspire us all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the Epic Battlelore board just a second board you can add to your normal board to get the Epic size? Just like making an overlord board out of two Memoir boards?

Yes, terrain tiles are the same size.

Edit: Yep, it's 8x13. But you can use two of them to get a 17x13 board.

Edit2: Does it really matter if the hexes are horizontal or vertically shifted? Just turn the grass Breakthrough board sideways and skip buying two BL:Epic sets...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
Does it really matter if the hexes are horizontal or vertically shifted? Just turn the grass Breakthrough board sideways and skip buying two BL:Epic sets...

Yes, it makes a very big difference, if the flat is towards the player you have 2 full rows of dual section hexes, each unit faces 3 rather than 2 hexes and retreat paths are more open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you can write this scenario up for standard M'44 rules?

I love hypothetical battles and would like to see a full scale invasion campaign for England, the US, and also the Patton Plan of re-arming the Germans and going after the USSR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, but please add Polish units to spice up things: one on white star side (like paras) and one on the other (Polish People's Army) like it would be in real life:(. They would not be allowed to fight each other (a kind of special rule).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.