Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the thing that I didn't like about the game was the lack of feeling that you were actually producing the cars you had factories for. So this is what I did, I made 1 chit of each type of car with its picture on it. We play with the wooden cars otherwise. The first type of a car made each turn is put on the board with the your wooden car token and the illustrated specific car chit on top of it. That way, we feel at least in some way, that we are producing that specific car. The feeling is enhanced. The theme!

What would be nice is having each type of car ( having the max # of cars that can produced in 1 factory each turn) in each color. That would be tons of chits, yes, but again, enhanced feeling that you are actually making that specific model car.

-Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laud your efforts to enhance the theme; however, I think I will pass on doing that myself.

I like to pimp games to add to the theme, but I don't know if there's a suitable way to do this with Automobile; it has those little cars and that's all I need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huzonfirst
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
fellonmyhead wrote:
I like to pimp games to add to the theme, but I don't know if there's a suitable way to do this with Automobile; it has those little cars and that's all I need.
Yup, car meeples FTW. I actually think Automobile has a pretty strong theme and the components help with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls