GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,865 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: AoU vs MotD rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Farley
United States
Glendale
UNITED STATES
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I'm new to W:I and although I love the game I feel I need to get more out of it.

I'm a international college student with very little cash on me, if this was not the case I would be picking up all expansions and battlepacks without hesitation.

Now, for someone who is looking to get more bang for his buck, would you recommend me to buy the AoU expansion to get the elf decks? or should I instead wait for that to be reprinted at a later date with the 3x card system and just get MotD for the time being?

I'm not too fussed about getting new decks just want to expand on my experience in W:I without having to buy multiple copies of the same box.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds to me like you've already made your decision on MotD.

I would tell you to get AoU because having a complete base set for six factions is more important to me than having two neutral armies -- which, in my opinion should have been set as factions in their own right with their own capital boards -- but that's just me.

If, as you said, it's more important to you to not have to buy multiples than to get new decks, than MotD is the better choice.

Incidentally though, I don't think you really need to have 3 of each card, not unless you plan to be a competitive tournament player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the undead and lizardmen factions as presented in March of the Damned (MotD) are not too complete/playable. Coupled with the fact that FFG's CEO C. Peterson mentioned that Assault on Ulthuan (AoU) is a Core Set product and thus the reason why it's not a triplicate production. In that regard, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Core Set products being reprinted as a triplicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrewzius Maximus
Canada
flag msg tools
You should really get AoU. Not only does it give you 2 more factions, and a few more cards for each of the old factions. But having all 6 factions will allow you to make more complex and heterogenious hybrid decks. Which, in my opinion, you will certainly get more out of than playing some of the neutral factions. Your gameplay would also be alot more balanced, and you wouldn't get a bunch of HE and DE cards in March of the damned, without having their capital boards to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Farley
United States
Glendale
UNITED STATES
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys, I decided to take your advice and get AoU.

Am overall glad that I bought that set instead of MotD.

Would you guys recommend me to go down the second cycle of battlepacks to improve all my overall decks?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrewzius Maximus
Canada
flag msg tools
Thats good, ya I don't know, AoU I wouldn't even consider an expansion, its pretty much a core product, so def a priority. As for your next purchase it gets a bit more subjective. Really I don't know what you would get the most out of next as far as gameplay. Although, there's rumour that the corruption cycle might later be released with 60 cards (3 of each) instead of 40 cards. So looking ahead maybe it would be best to skip corruption for now and jump to the enimy cycle (or MotD as well, which also has 3 of each card). Honestly it all comes down to how much money you wanna spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.