GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,528 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Subscription service for adventure packs/expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a retailer that offers some sort of subscription service for these things? I'd happily pay a bit per pack/expansion for this kind of service, even if it required signing up for a period (i.e., agreeing to buy twelve adventure packs and the first expansion all at once or something and having them shipped as they're released - or an even longer period than that).

Is anyone doing that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Beveridge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll bet FFG marketing dept wishes they thought of that. They might just have a job waiting for you now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to ask a local game store if they are willing to do this for you, ala comic subscriptions. They will usually provide a decent discount in return for a purchase commitment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS is going to have them on pre-order for me and he orders every week from his distributor. So when they come out he will be ordering these. Local games stores rock, everyone who can should support them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Royal
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myriad Games, my FLGS, offers subscriptions and I believe they offer flat rate shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamu
Mexico
Toluca
Estado de México
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd be great if FFG did this directly. Especially since their shipping tends to be cheaper than online retailers (at least to México). If they offered some kind of discount for it (like P500), they'd make a lot of us very happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
*rant*

Amazon seriously needs to do something like this. I read a number of book series with a new book coming out for each series every few months. I'd *much* rather Amazon puts the book in my cart, rather than I search for it on Amazon.

Amazon *does* have a "renewal" service for consumables, such as dental floss.

*end rant*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy York
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ask and you shall receive :

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/645989/subscription-serv...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamu
Mexico
Toluca
Estado de México
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I'll have to investigate how to put money into my PayPal account (just spent what I had... in LOTR LCG!) and I'll be signing up for the service (unless my FLGS can do the same for me at roughly the same price, in which case I'll support them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Liang
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pay using your credit card through PayPal. Just an FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.