Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Microbadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Modern Art fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fan
Hi all,

Just a quick update re: v1.00 of the Vassal module and extension.

I am currently working on getting it all complete for Friday night if I can and will be doing have done the following:

1. Adding Waffen SS units -- DONE
2. Adding Fallschirmjager units -- DONE
3. Adding US Marine units -- DONE
4. Adding US Paratrooper units -- DONE
5. Adding official Pacific maps 20, 21, and 22 -- DONE
6. Correcting scale of official maps 14 and 15 (my bad) -- DONE
7. (ext) Correcting scale of two community maps -- DONE
8. (ext) Correcting CWT30 vehicle to belong to Russians -- DONE

9. Adding the 29th Division counters and Japanese vehicles and support units to the extension as community units, like I did for the French and Italians (if permission is granted). -- DONE

Charles Guernsey and Kashirigi ... can I add the 29th Division units and Japanese vehicles and support units to the V&V Vassal module extension, please?

I will post when it's updated on Vassal site and also post a download link as well for those who can't wait. Just another day or two and it'll be all ready.

UPDATE -- It's all done ... see below for links and details.

Enjoy!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
Microbadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: The theme is strong with this oneMicrobadge: Cold War Games fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: I play both wargames and euros
Awesomeness cool

I can't wait to download this version then World domination will proceed apace - one battlefield at a time!

Thank you for your work on this module, David!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Conquest of Paradise fanMicrobadge: Rook fanMicrobadge: Wooden Ships & Iron Men fan
Yes, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Parent of Twin GirlsMicrobadge: Legends of Andor fanMicrobadge: Valor and Victory fanMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Drums player
Yep, nice to be updated once the Boss updates us all with new awesomness! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Microbadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Modern Art fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fan
I have Geekmails out to Charles Guernsey and Kashirigi but haven't yet heard back from them. If I don't soon, I'll release the updated main module tonight Saturday, and then the extension as soon as I can.

UPDATE -- I've gone ahead and added Charles Guernsey 29th Inf. Div and Kashirigi's Japanese support weapons, guns, AFVs and Vehicles to the extension as it's easier to remove them (if I don't get permission) that to wait to hear and then add them. I will post these files ASAP folks, just a bit longer. They look good!

UPDATE 2 -- Woot! Charles has graciously allowed me to include the 29th in the 1.00 extension update. Now just waiting to hear from Kashirigi before posting.

UPDATE 3 -- Based on Kashirigi's CC licence I am going ahead with posting the files and will remove his counters if I hear from him to do so. I hope that's not stepping on anyone's toes but the CC licence seems pretty clear re: sharing and transmitting the counters, as long as I give credit to the author, which I have done where I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
All,

The module and extension are now available on the official Vassal website and my own server for download.

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Valor_and_Victory

http://www.theravenking.com/vandv/Valor&Victory100.vmod.zip
http://www.theravenking.com/vandv/Valor&Victory100_ext.zip

Updates completed ...

New in module ...
1. Added official Waffen SS units
2. Added official Fallschirmjager units
3. Added official US Marine units
4. Added official US Paratrooper units
5. Added official Pacific maps 20, 21, and 22

New in extension ...
6. Added 29th Infantry Div. units (thanks Charles!)
7. Added Japanese AFVs, vehicles, guns and support weapons (thanks Kashirigi!)

Fixes to module ...
8. Corrected scale of official maps 14 and 15

Fixes to extension ...
9. Corrected scale of Putot-en-bessin and Crossroads maps
10. Corrected ownership of CWT30 vehicle to belong to Russians

Enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Parent of Twin GirlsMicrobadge: Legends of Andor fanMicrobadge: Valor and Victory fanMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Drums player
Pure awesomness!
Thx David!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls