Barbarian Prince» Forums » Sessions

Subject: My Barbarian Prince Sessions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Stone
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Doctor Strange fanMicrobadge: Legendary fan- Defenders (Custom) TeamMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: HorrifiedMicrobadge: Ravenloft fan
Adventure 1:

Day 1 (Start-Ogon with 3 Gold)
I crossed Tragoth River, leaving Ogon. Saw a Hobgoblin with 4 Goblins, Fled (NE) back across the river and into the mountains where I encountered 3 Mercenary Thugs. We fought and I beat them, acquiring 12 Gold. There was no food or hunting available so I went hungry.

Day 2
Attempted to leave mountains to go back to Ogon. Got lost. Nothing else happened. Went without food another night.

Day 3
Got lost again and encountered 4 Mercenary Thugs. Tried to pass them but they would not let me. I fled further (NE) into the mountains. Again, I went to bed without eating.

Day 4
Made it out of the mountains into the countryside north-east of Ogon. Saw 10 Orcs and decided to evade them. Retreated (S) back into the mountains.Went without food another night.

Day 5
Finally made it back to Ogon! Spent 2 Gold on a big dinner.

Day 6
Spent the day resting. Was killed by 6 Mercenary Thugs who jumped me because I couldn't pay them 25 Gold.

Adventure 2:

Day 1 (Start-0701 with 2 Gold)
I crossed Tragoth River to the South and encountered 7 Mercenaries. One looked like he had a lot of money but there was no way I could take them all on. After failing to hide, I offered to hire one of them for the day but they weren't interested and left. Hunting was successful and I gained 3 units of food. After dinner I was surprise attacked and killed by a pack of 17 Wolves.

Adventure 3:
Day 1 (Start-Weshor with 1 Gold)
Left Weshor going East to avoid the swamps. Met a friendly Merchant who told me about a cave tomb nearby. I figured I would take a look at it and after rummaging around I found 1 Gold. Hunting was good and I gained 3 units of food.

Day 2
While crossing the Tragoth River, I met some Raftmen. If I had more Gold I would have considered hiring them to take me South but I seemed to be doing fine at the moment. Once across I encountered 6 Mercenaries. One of them appeared to be rather affluent but I dared not fight them now. I managed to hide.

Day 3
I decided to rest in the area for the day so I could do some hunting before I continued on my voyage. Hearing some noises in the woods, I found a Wounded Warrior and took him back to my camp. Hunting went really well and I gained 6 units of food for me and my new friend.

Day 4
I had to stay in the area a few more days so my Warrior friend could heal. We unfortunately didn't get any rest as we were surprised by a Giant Hunting Cat. Fortunately, it singled me out and I managed to take it out only suffering a minor wound. Acquired 4 more units of food in hunting.

Day 5
We both now needed to recover and so we continued staying at the camp I had set up. I discovered a black portal. The Warrior warned me about it and I decided it was best to be avoided. Gained 4 more units of food.

Day 6
We remained in the area in hopes that my new friend could fully recover like I had. I spotted a farm in the distance and went to see if we could get any help. The farmer didn't seem to take too kindly to visitors but did offer to sell me some food. We really didn't need any and so I left him alone.

Day 7
I figured that one more day of rest would be good for us so we remained where we were. Out wandering around I found a Hermit Monk that was meditating. After conversing for a while he agreed to join us back at the camp.Hunting was poor as I only managed to get 1 unit of food but that was okay since we still had plenty left.

Day 8
My Warrior friend insisted that he was ready to move on and we decided to go southwest through the forest so we will be able to hunt for food as we traveled. Unfortunately, we got lost and didn't make much headway. We did find another farm, however. Everybody seemed to be on guard in the area as this farmer was about as hospitable as the last. We did some hunting, gaining 5 units of food and camped out again when it got late.

Day 9
We attempted to move southwest again but still didn't make it to the forest. We got 4 more units of food in the days hunt. After we ate we were surprised by a pack of 9 Wolves. We managed to kill 5 of the beasts but they overwhelmed us and we were killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ExpatriateMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Copper Image Uploader
Ah, the wolves. Stay out of the terrain they appear in if you want to live!

Heck, who am I kidding. There are so many ways to die in BP it's not funny. Actually, it is funny. Dying is fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Golden File UploaderMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
jumbit wrote:
Ah, the wolves. Stay out of the terrain they appear in if you want to live!

Heck, who am I kidding. There are so many ways to die in BP it's not funny. Actually, it is funny. Dying is fun!
It's Outdoor Survival with swords! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robt. Ferrett
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Oh, that takes me back. Wish I could find my copy. So many ways to lose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ExpatriateMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Copper Image Uploader
Robt, Barbarian Prince has been released as a free print and play game. Look in the links section of the game's page and download the files. I found printing the board on photo paper worked quite nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robt. Ferrett
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks for the tip on print and play. I am lazy...so lazy...but I might motivate myself to do that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Star Trek: Five-Year Mission fanMicrobadge: Brass SGOYT poster. At least 25 geeklist items posted!Microbadge: Doctor Who fan - Tom Baker, 4th DoctorMicrobadge: Laputa - Castle in the Sky fan
Thanks for the session report. Always great to read how other adventures are doing/dying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls