Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Poon
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
So...

I've been looking at cards from abroad, especially at websites that sell cards in bulk for low prices. There's really only one problem stopping me though and that's not knowing what exactly I'm going to end up paying.

As far as I'm aware. The UK custom charge state that anything with an instrinsic value over £18 will be charged, and that this does not appear to include delivery costs.

I've been looking at some cards (500+) that will cost me £12 ($20) in total. However the delivery charge is roughly $40. So there's the problem of figuring out what exactly will happen...

1. Would £12 really be considered as the intrinsic value, even if the store themselves are selling these cards?

2. Anyone with any experience with the above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: WargamerMicrobadge: Defeats Children Without MercyMicrobadge: Ogre fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Dice fan
No idea on customs, but wouldn't it be easier to shop on eBay UK? Shipping bulk cards overseas is generally not worth it. I found this listing without looking too hard...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTG-500-MIXED-MAGIC-GATHERING-CARD-STA...

I'm sure there must be at least one big UK shop that sells bulk cards as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Poon
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
tppytel wrote:
No idea on customs, but wouldn't it be easier to shop on eBay UK? Shipping bulk cards overseas is generally not worth it. I found this listing without looking too hard...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTG-500-MIXED-MAGIC-GATHERING-CARD-STA...

I'm sure there must be at least one big UK shop that sells bulk cards as well.
I'm surprised I missed that. I must be searching for the wrong terms.
But it can still work out roughly the same ordering from abroad sometimes. I know that when it comes to individual cards, getting from abroad is definitely the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Vanuatu fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Squash fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!
You should try Troll Trader Cards in the UK - they will sort you out with a full Common/Uncommon playset (and Rares) of whatever set(s) you like for an extremely reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls