Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love the UK!Microbadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: X-Men fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: I love Switzerland!
One of the beautiful things about living in MN, is that in the winter crime pretty much stops and things get REALLY quiet. Young bored punk kids and their pals do rarely want to step outside in negative 30 degree windchill to cause trouble no matter how young and bored they are.

So I live in an area that is urban, but still fairly mellow. We get our share of "big city" issues now and again (spray paint, cop cars, milling groups of kids), but nothing that has ever concerned us. But we do have one complaint that comes with the territory.

That one guy. Our block has a couple of new young families, a couple of nice lesbians, an older family or two, and then the guy and his wife who like to get into yelling fights over cigarettes in their back yard and have shady friends mill around in the alley...

Today I came home to him and his buddies hanging out and yelling at each other in the alley while revving their engines and blasting bass filled music for a few hours. Lovely.

I used to be a turn table dj and don't mind myself some good bass... but not when I can hear it through my walls as it's being played a block away.

So just so you guys know... it's spring now in Minneapolis.

Bring on the bass. I just wish I had speakers loud enough to pipe some death metal back at um.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lindsey
United States
Sioux Center
Iowa
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 1-UpMicrobadge: Irish Gauge fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: God plays diceMicrobadge: Every true 18xx fan knows you should use $20 chips
stagger lee wrote:
Bring on the bass. I just wish I had speakers loud enough to pipe some death metal back at um.
Even better, be "that guy" and pummel them with some Bizet...Carmen is great for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Microbadge: Chinchilla loverMicrobadge: Asgard's Chosen fanMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Hellboy fanMicrobadge: Neil Young fan
If you are going to do it, go all the way with some gabber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Microbadge: Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued Dark tonight, turning to Partly Light in the morning. Microbadge: Trader Joe's fanMicrobadge: Game Group OrganizerMicrobadge: University of California Irvine - ZOT!Microbadge: Platinum Folding@Home donator
1812 Overture? Ride of the Valkyries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
Microbadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: I love the stuff that surrounds our avatar, it makes us and BGG unique!Microbadge: Guitar player
A friend of mine had loud music issues with the guy in the room above his at uni. So he teamed up with his friend who lived above him (i.e. they were 2 floors apart, with loud music man in between), and they put on the same record, loudly, one second or so apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love the UK!Microbadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: X-Men fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: I love Switzerland!
churchmouse wrote:
A friend of mine had loud music issues with the guy in the room above his at uni. So he teamed up with his friend who lived above him (i.e. they were 2 floors apart, with loud music man in between), and they put on the same record, loudly, one second or so apart.
Now THAT is brilliant.

Oh and sisterray... I started my DJ career as a Happy Hardcore DJ so I'm sure I could scrounge up some of that... (didn't last long, ended up going breakbeats for 13 years thereafter) LOL

I do like rolling up in the summer blasting some We Came As Romans though... I always get looks from him because my system has some nice bass to it...

RAAAAWWWWWRRR stomp stomp stomp...

Of course I am also 37... that's likely why I get the looks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a while
Ah, noise pollution. There's always one in every situation.

I usually went with Ace Of Spades if I encountered a need to combat the bass-overload situation.

External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Park
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: Venture Bros. fanMicrobadge: Pixies fanMicrobadge: It's peanut butter jelly time!Microbadge: University of Oregon
Butthole Surfers also work nice. As a teenager, Mom lost it at the alarm clock going off in the house next door. I think the request was "You kids get me the most annoying music you have".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls