Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Hron
United States
Pine Grove Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You must unlearn what you have learned.
badge
Do the best that you can until you know better. Then when you know better, Do better.
Microbadge: Hiking fanMicrobadge: Astronomy enthusiastMicrobadge: Improv fanMicrobadge: Tent CamperMicrobadge: Ballroom dancer
Curious if there are any outlets or game groups in the area.

We will be moving to town in the next few months

My wife keeps bugging me to post here to be able to get a sense if there are any game groups in the area.

Darren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
Microbadge: Man, I really wish he'd organize his buildings; they're just in a pile. Put them in rows, for Pete's sake!Microbadge: Astronomy enthusiastMicrobadge: Parent of a Boy and a GirlMicrobadge: I pimp my gamesMicrobadge: PnP / DIY fan
What part of PA is Huntington in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: New York Yankees fanMicrobadge: Autism AwarenessMicrobadge: Parent of a Boy and a GirlMicrobadge: Autism AcceptanceMicrobadge: Dark Domains fan
According to Google it looks like it's in the middle of Bloomsburg and Wilkes Barre, but not off I-81.

I grew up in Hazleton, which is about an hour away according to Googlemaps.

my suggestion would be to do a BGG zip code search and see if there are any registered BGG'ers in the area. I found a couple gamers when I moved doing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Microbadge: WargamerMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Man, I really wish he'd organize his buildings; they're just in a pile. Put them in rows, for Pete's sake!Microbadge: I whine my way to victory!Microbadge: Member of The Eastern Pennsylvania Gaming Society
Hi,

I don't know exactly where Huntington is, but north of Philadelphia is the meeting spot for one of the biggest gaming groups anywhere - EPGS.

Check out http://www.epgs.org

Feel free to drop by, or contact me if you have any questions or would like to meet up and be introduced to some folks.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ptw nb
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Are you going to be at Juniata? (http://juniata.edu) I think that might be your best bet in Huntingdon. You can also try in State College, which is only 30 or so miles away (thirty miles is close when you are in central PA).

There is a Go Club that meets on Sundays at 1:45 at the public library in State College.

Schlow Centre Region Library
211 S. Allen Street
State College, PA
http://schlowlibrary.org

There is also a "games club" that meets in the same place, but on Monday and Wednesday evenings. I don't know much about that one.

Penn State (http://psu.edu) is also in State College. They have an event called "LateNight-Penn State" that includes gaming of all sorts down stairs in the HUB-Robeson Center on Friday and Saturday nights (9:30pm-1:30am).

If you play Go, I hope to see you at Schlow Library on Sundays. Either way, Welcome to Central PA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hron
United States
Pine Grove Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Do the best that you can until you know better. Then when you know better, Do better.
Microbadge: Hiking fanMicrobadge: Astronomy enthusiastMicrobadge: Improv fanMicrobadge: Tent CamperMicrobadge: Ballroom dancer
Central pa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hron
United States
Pine Grove Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
We are not real close there, but my wife grew up in the city and thus still have family. We might check thing out on our next visit to the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hron
United States
Pine Grove Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
ptwnb wrote:
Are you going to be at Juniata? (http://juniata.edu) I think that might be your best bet in Huntingdon. You can also try in State College, which is only 30 or so miles away (thirty miles is close when you are in central PA).

There is a Go Club that meets on Sundays at 1:45 at the public library in State College.

Schlow Centre Region Library
211 S. Allen Street
State College, PA
http://schlowlibrary.org

There is also a "games club" that meets in the same place, but on Monday and Wednesday evenings. I don't know much about that one.

Penn State (http://psu.edu) is also in State College. They have an event called "LateNight-Penn State" that includes gaming of all sorts down stairs in the HUB-Robeson Center on Friday and Saturday nights (9:30pm-1:30am).

If you play Go, I hope to see you at Schlow Library on Sundays. Either way, Welcome to Central PA!

Yeah, that's the place. I was hoping to see if any one was on bgg...the may not be, but worth a shot. We may have to start something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Vampire: The Eternal Struggle fanMicrobadge: Power Grid World Tour: I've Played All The MapsMicrobadge: Member of the BGG Community since 2006Microbadge: Role Playing Public Radio Podcast fan
There are no games stores in Huntington. There are 2 games stores kinda close I guess from you.

In Duncansville(south of Altoona) there is Gatehouse Games.

In State College, there is Comic Swap ,which has some board games for sale as well ,but they are mostly a comic store.

I also recommend the Gaming Association of Penn State(GAPS) they have a late night event in the HUB on FRI and SAT night ,but I would also recommend to sign up on their mailing list.

Also the UU church in state college has a gaming club as well ,but I don't know when they meet anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry K
United States
Fort Myers
FL
flag msg tools
badge
I can has 18xx teacher?
Microbadge: Parent of Two GirlsMicrobadge: Philadelphia Phillies fanMicrobadge: Bloomsburg UniversityMicrobadge: Philadelphia Flyers fanMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
I'm in Bloomsburg, if this is the Huntington north of Berwick. PM sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Staub
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Deck Building fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Dominion fan
I am in the process of moving to State College and will be looking for a gaming group myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: You're in my zone of control!Microbadge: WargamerMicrobadge: Abe Vigoda - patron saint of wargamer requestsMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Dos vedanya Tovarisch!
To clarify for everyone, we are talking about Huntingdon, in west central PA, towards Altoona. Huntington is not far from Hazleton, on the way to Scranton.

I know, I live in TN now, but I grew up in Lancaster, PA and couldn't resist checking out a PA thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls