Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ricochet Robots fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Heart of CrownMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Whatever it takesMicrobadge: Reef Encounters of the Second Kind fan
I usually try to stay off the internet on this date. You caught me before I went to bed!

From gallery of dcorban

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge:  Microbadge: This place intentionally left blank.Microbadge: Photo Hall of Fame memberMicrobadge: I obsess over microbadge alignmentMicrobadge: I don't use microbadges
I was actually searching for Monopoly at the time, so I didn't notice anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
Microbadge: 2009 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2012 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Board Games By The Bay attendeeMicrobadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2018 Secret Santa participant
manchuwok wrote:
I was actually searching for Monopoly at the time, so I didn't notice anything.
laugh

BGG is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Parent of Three GirlsMicrobadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fan
I creased up laughing. Big thumbs up for this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Christie
Australia
Eastwood
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Role-playerMicrobadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge: Disabled GamerMicrobadge: RPG EditorMicrobadge: Northside Gamers Guild
I was just looking for information about the next Arkham Horror expansion, and now all my SAN is gone! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Simon
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Microbadge: IT'S A TRAP!Microbadge: MinnesotaMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fan - Anarchs
Look at the BGG Bugs thread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/637169/whe-i-try-to-view...

Its amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: US ConstitutionMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Archery fanMicrobadge: Elixir programmerMicrobadge: Home Brewer
This is so stupid. Why does every site feel the need to be hilarious on April 1 at the expense of their users?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: I love the new look!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
jdludlow wrote:
This is so stupid. Why does every site feel the need to be hilarious on April 1 at the expense of their users?
For fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: US ConstitutionMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Archery fanMicrobadge: Elixir programmerMicrobadge: Home Brewer
But it's not fun, so what's the other explanation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2016 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: 2018 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
jdludlow wrote:
It's funny. You may not think so, but I (and I would guess many others) got a chuckle out of it. I'm still trying to find a way to get to my front page, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: I love the new look!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
jdludlow wrote:
Sure it is!

Poll
Is it fun?
Yes!
No!
      111 answers
Poll created by col_w

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All custom links lead to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Microbadge: RPGG Winter Microbadge Design Award WinnerMicrobadge: Best Microbadge of the Year 2016 - 1st placeMicrobadge: RPGG Spring Microbadge Design Award WinnerMicrobadge: Best Microbadge of the Year 2019 - 1st placeMicrobadge: RPGG Fall Microbadge Design Award Winner
Even if it weren't fun to begin with, it becomes fun when people don't get that it's a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Morgan
United States
Fancy Gap
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 3.141 592 653 589 793 238... Oooooo, pie! *CHOMPFF*!!Microbadge: Mississippi State UniversityMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Sid Sackson fanMicrobadge: Louis Armstrong fan
col_w wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
Sure it is!

Poll
Is it fun?
Yes!
No!
      111 answers
Poll created by col_w

So where's the "bacon" option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
Microbadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: plusMicrobadge: Toronto Maple Leafs fanMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I don't want to talk about my favorite team.
emperorhand wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
It's funny. You may not think so, but I (and I would guess many others) got a chuckle out of it. I'm still trying to find a way to get to my front page, though.
I got a chuckle too, but not being able to find a way to get to my main page is annoying.

Jokes are fine, but they really shouldn't affect the usability of the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: 2020 Ultimate SupporterMicrobadge: 2020 Herculean Supporter
If your browser accepts cookies and you click the link at the top of the search results page it shouldn't come up anymore unless you change domains. This lasts until you close your browser.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
Microbadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: plusMicrobadge: Toronto Maple Leafs fanMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I don't want to talk about my favorite team.
Octavian wrote:
If your browser accepts cookies and you click the link at the top of the search results page it shouldn't come up anymore unless you change domains. This lasts until you close your browser.

-MMM
I thank you, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
col_w wrote:

Poll
Is it fun?
Yes!
No!
      111 answers
Poll created by col_w

I'm gonna be able to totally abuse this poll! MWA HA HA HA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: R.I.P. GeekdōMicrobadge: Golden CamelMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Werewolf D1 - running in the dark with a bag on your head
jdludlow wrote:
James you may want to think about staying off-line on 1 April. I get you think it wasn't fun, but for many of us it was priceless. Horses for courses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Christian
I really shouldn't be, but I am surprised that there are so many people with so little humor out there. It was a fun joke, and I enjoyed looking for the various easter eggs that they put into the "search engine."

In fact, it was a lot more fun than the other websites I visited. One forum I always check out has the same thread come up every year, threatening to ban [username], where it inputs the username differently depending on who is viewing it. The other site is less than a year old and no one did anything until about noon, when nobody really fell for it.

While the Geekdo page came up every time I went to bgg.com, I also have Firefox, which stored the previous addresses in my browser. So if I needed to get to the actual bgg.com, all I did was type in "boardgame" and voila! Up comes pages like the GeekMod page. Click on that and now I'm IN.

People act like clicking two or three extra times is just a horrific experience. If you need to do it that many times, then there are a hundred ways to get around the Geekdo page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'll have to admit to not having much sense of humour then, I guess -- it wasn't fun at the time (more of a metaphorical pain in the arse getting to where I wanted to get to) and isn't in retrospect. A spoof ad, or article in BGG news, would have been fine (and yes, I could have laughed at myself if I'd been got by it), but that was just annoying, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls