Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Microbadge: Video Game ArtistMicrobadge: Obsidian Entertainment fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: I love games with cows!Microbadge: Get off my lawn!
I'm working on a Battle Mat to keep the Battle decks sorted and list basic battle rules.

I think I got it finished but if anyone sees any mistakes please post. I tried to match the graphic design of the game as close as possible.

EDIT- Revised version 2

From gallery of ScottE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Video Game ArtistMicrobadge: Obsidian Entertainment fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: I love games with cows!Microbadge: Get off my lawn!
I've uploaded all 3 player aids I've made so just need to wait for admin approval.

This includes Battle Mat, Ship Standees, & Thematically Correct Docking Refs.

I'm playing my first game tomorrow so will get to try them all out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Superb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
Microbadge: Greenland fanMicrobadge: Winsome Games fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two GirlsMicrobadge: Xia: Legends of a Drift System fanMicrobadge: Baseball Highlights: 2045 fan
Hi,
ScottE wrote:
will you tell us how it was?! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
d0gb0t wrote:
Hi,
ScottE wrote:
will you tell us how it was?! whistle
Sure! I'm really hoping it goes well. I've been studying the rules carefully and have reviewed the cards too. It's so open ended and many of the docking and hyperspace cards can be a bit brutal so I have to warn the other players to be a bit conservative early game. I'm also going to play as if everyone has a escape pod. I hate player elimination since that means someone has to sit around waiting and I expect this game will go on for quite some time. Our first game of Merchants & Marauders took 4 hours! Not much fun for anyone that dies early.

Games like this can go well or not depending. Though some games surprise you. I remember buying Merchant of Venus and worried everyone would hate it. Turns out my group loved it! They enjoyed Merchants & Marauders but it didn't knock anyone's socks off. We want to play again but hasn't been a hurry. With Phantom League I'm hoping it will be a hit but considering how random the card draws can be it could go really bad for some players based on dumb luck and that sometimes isn't fun. I will post my initial impressions once we complete our first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I've revised the Battle Mat (see first post).

I increased the height some so there's alittle more room between Destiny and other decks. It was alittle tight to use so this should help. Also changed the edge graphic since I found it wasn't easy to see when a stack of cards was on it. Also added escape chart & notation added to Battle deck building.

If you see any problems please post. I had to really cut down the text for the escape chart since I was tight on space but I think you can get the idea.

I'll upload once the first version is approved so I can attach this verison to the same file page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls