Subject: April 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Muse fanMicrobadge: Plaid Hat Games fanMicrobadge: Heroscapers.com fanMicrobadge: Ionath Krakens fanMicrobadge: Venture Bros. fan
No, it isn't funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Sisters of Mercy fanMicrobadge: Einstürzende Neubauten fanMicrobadge: Dead Kennedys fanMicrobadge: Black Flag fanMicrobadge: Siouxsie and the Banshees fan
Damn I am so glad I now have every Monopoly version memorized.

Type in April Fools in the geekdo search engine to get a surprise....I wonder how many other Easter Eggs there are.

I could almost see this as true...imagine if google and the geek merged....See we answered all of the complaints for a messy complicated home page by stream lining it to look simple and elegant...just like google.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Muse fanMicrobadge: Plaid Hat Games fanMicrobadge: Heroscapers.com fanMicrobadge: Ionath Krakens fanMicrobadge: Venture Bros. fan
Yeah, I want to look at something on BGG and get some stupid, unfunny "joke" that I have to play along with. Yeah, impaired usability is real funny. Even less desire to support the site. Mission accomplished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Modern abstract games fanMicrobadge: Vegan
It is funny how many people complain about April Fools jokes, though.

Bah, humbug!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I for one thought it was a good joke, it kept me entertained for a good half hour searching random stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Microbadge: I love Canada!
Anyone else do a search for Puerto Rico and get a Rico Suave video???

Hee hee!!

I'm not surprised that some Geeks aren't amused.

Gaming, after all, is SERIOUS business.

Man, that was one heck of an April Fool. Lots of work involved in that.

Nice Job BGG Guys! I thought it was very funny!!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Microbadge: PhysicistMicrobadge: RationalistMicrobadge: Torah observantMicrobadge: TranslatorMicrobadge: Vegetarian
I did a search for profile and got a bunch of versions of Monopoly. Then I followed the link at the top to BGG as normal. All in all it was simply no big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
Except everytime I want to go back to the front page I get the same joke. Enough already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
Microbadge: Follow me on InstagramMicrobadge: Weightlifting fanMicrobadge: Chicago Cubs fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Amnesty International supporter
Now now everyone, I'm sure it will all be over in eight to nine hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Lefty
Agent Minivann wrote:
Yeah, I want to look at something on BGG and get some stupid, unfunny "joke" that I have to play along with. Yeah, impaired usability is real funny. Even less desire to support the site. Mission accomplished.
If you go on the internet on April Fool's and expect a site NOT to do something strange that day, then you haven't been on the internet enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
Agent Minivann wrote:
If you go on the internet on April Fool's and expect a site NOT to do something strange that day, then you haven't been on the internet enough.
I expect a reasonably functional website if its big draw is the content. A site like slashdot makes a lot more sense to do something like this. That and I expect better humor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Games, Great Food, & Great Drink!
Microbadge: BixCON Attendee
You know something is really engrained in mainstream culture when people feel "entitled" to it 24x7 on their terms.

Perhaps you should ask for a refund...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Minivann wrote:
No, it isn't funny.
Yes it was!
I cant see any harm done... I didn't even notice it, until it was too late. I really wanted to participate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls