Subject: Jack revisiting spaces - extra clue markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love all games!Microbadge: Rickcon 2012 AttendeeMicrobadge: RainbowMicrobadge: Disc Golf fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Subject line pretty much sums it up - if Jack visits a space multiple times and the police investigate it, are multiple clue markers placed there? Especially if the police find a clue in between Jack's two visits to a space?

I presume the answer is no, since the clue just marks that Jack was there at some point, which will still be true. It can't really get more true....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Saarenketo
Finland
Rovaniemi
flag msg tools
Every Wednesday at 16:00 in the library.
badge
I'm going to love and tolerate
Microbadge: Good job, Reference Pear!Microbadge: This is so exciting! I've never been so excited! Well, except for that time when I went "Oh my gosh, I'm a microbadge!", but I mean, really, who can top that?!Microbadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Super Mario fanMicrobadge: Mage Wars Fan
there can be only 1 clue marker in a spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Santopietro
Italy
Ravenna
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Letters from Whitechapel fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Subido wrote:
Correct, even if Jack was in that number multiple times and Policemen check it more then once, only one Clue token will be placed. In addiction, Jack doesn't have to say anything about his return to that number. "Walking in his own footsteps" is one of Jack mind trick .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love all games!Microbadge: Rickcon 2012 AttendeeMicrobadge: RainbowMicrobadge: Disc Golf fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Giasbro wrote:
Subido wrote:
Correct, even if Jack was in that number multiple times and Policemen check it more then once, only one Clue token will be placed. In addiction, Jack doesn't have to say anything about his return to that number. "Walking in his own footsteps" is one of Jack mind trick .
As I expected. This seems quite strong for Jack, but given that our first two games (before we noticed this trick) ended on the first night, that doesn't seem so bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coolpapa wrote:
Giasbro wrote:
Subido wrote:
As I expected. This seems quite strong for Jack, but given that our first two games (before we noticed this trick) ended on the first night, that doesn't seem so bad.
It is strong for Jack, but not overly so. If Jack does too much back-tracking, he could find himself encircled and trapped by the police. So Jack has to carefully balance his options: does he try to get far away in as few moves as possible, potentially leaving an easy trail to follow if the cops happen upon a couple clues, or does he try to confuse them my re-tracing his footsteps, making it easier for them to trap him if they figure they are close. I have had back-tracking work for me when playing Jack and also been burned by it. Likewise, I have captured Jack when he was trying to be a little "too cute" with his getaway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: In Memoriam: Chad JensenMicrobadge: Book readerMicrobadge: I have at least 7,000 logged game plays!Microbadge: Boston Bruins fanMicrobadge: Boston Celtics fan
Yes, only one clue token per space, but obviously an arrest may be made on a space that already has a clue token if you suspect Jack has 'backtracked'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls