Subject: Largest Board Game Collection ... really 1,345??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ConCentric Games Australia attendeeMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I was browsing through an (outdated) 2009 Guiness World Record book and noticed the biggest Board Game colelction was 1,345 by Brian Arnett in 2007.

It appears to still be current according to the website:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/Search/Details/Largest-c...

Given that many people on here have collections well over that number such as Alan How, I would have thought someone here might have contested it assuming their "owned" list is mostly correct?

I also couldn't find any record of "Brian Arnett" on here shake and he calls himself a gamer???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
Invergowrie (Armidale)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
Microbadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: The Crew: The Quest For Planet 9 fanMicrobadge: Board games keep me youngMicrobadge: Apple Cider drinkerMicrobadge: I design board games... poorly.
They are probably all the different versions of Monopoly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: York Revolution fanMicrobadge: Indianapolis Indians fanMicrobadge: Harrisburg Senators fanMicrobadge: Baltimore Orioles fanMicrobadge: D ixviqzj yjsk xujzy, gij ggr O buz rgy onon gczyuhk sdixjhgymk. Ikgo!
anomander64 wrote:
They are probably all the different versions of Monopoly.
That's funny. Exactly what came to my mind also. Heck I could probably have over 500 of just Colleges and Universities alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death...
badge
Microbadge: Phish fanMicrobadge: Coheed and Cambria fanMicrobadge: Umphrey's Mcgee fanMicrobadge: moe. fanMicrobadge: Disco Biscuits fan
I'm thinking Tom Vasel probably has 1,345 just on one of his many shelves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: I play with red!Microbadge: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game - EzrenMicrobadge: Video Game DesignerMicrobadge: I Delve in Dungeons!
Ender Wiggin wrote:
I'm thinking Tom Vasel probably has 1,345 just on one of his many shelves!
Well, Tom had to unload a lot of his collection when he moved from Korea. But the point is still well taken.

Aldie, for one, currently lists a collection of 2,275.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Microbadge: Old & Chaotic Evil Bob, eclipsing the dark corners of the Geek with his own utter darkness, like a reverse black hole. Only more Evil.Microbadge: RetiredMicrobadge: Golden CamelMicrobadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob
I am passing out the Boardgame Collector MBs

this Geek has 1801

Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
Microbadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: CollectorMicrobadge: Flaschenteufel fanMicrobadge: Navegador fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ConCentric Games Australia attendeeMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
couldn't find his name in the users database either *shakes his head in discust*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls