Subject: Missing needed terrain hexes to play some scenarios in core game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Kurt Vonnegut fanMicrobadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: Agent of the CabalMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
I just went to set up the Razing the red fork scenario and noticed that it is impossible with the core set. I double-checked my components to make sure I didn't lose any pieces (I didn't --the numbers match) and realized that I don't have 7 building tiles. I had to use a hill hex and the caravan camp hex to play the scenario and I don't think the wooded/regular river bend hexes all worked out correctly either. \

Call me sensitive; but did anyone ele run into this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Harley Davidson
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Meaty Game fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Die Macher fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
I can't say for certain, as I have 3 expansions mixed into the base game.

That in mind, I see 9 tiles with buildings (7 thatch roofed huts and 2 large brown wooden).
On the other sides of the building tiles are:
* 2 river bends
* 2 river straights
* 2 marshes (expansion)
* 1 hill
* 1 road
* 1 woods

Could it be that you used some of the building tiles for the opposite side (river)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Kurt Vonnegut fanMicrobadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: Agent of the CabalMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
No I checked both sides. I started out by trying to collect all of the building hexes; I then went from there.

Thanks for checking though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
And like that... he's gone
Microbadge: On Mars fanMicrobadge: My wife says I have too many board gamesMicrobadge: Kanban EV - Sandra Factory ManagerMicrobadge: Always room for 1 more gameMicrobadge: Brass: Birmingham fan
Here are images of the unpunched sheets:

Board Game: Battles of Westeros

Thanks to

Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dreadball: The Futuristic Sports Game fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fan Microbadge: Robert Heinlein fanMicrobadge: Lords of Waterdeep fanMicrobadge: Man, I really wish he'd organize his buildings; they're just in a pile. Put them in rows, for Pete's sake!

for these images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Descent 2nd Edition fanMicrobadge: Battles of Westeros fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: Roborally fanMicrobadge: Street Fighter fan
Unfortunately, we can't see the backs of those terrain tiles, but I think that the OP may be correct that there aren't enough buildings in the core set to play that scenario. It doesn't surprise me, given the numerous other errors that the game shipped with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dreadball: The Futuristic Sports Game fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fan Microbadge: Robert Heinlein fanMicrobadge: Lords of Waterdeep fanMicrobadge: Man, I really wish he'd organize his buildings; they're just in a pile. Put them in rows, for Pete's sake!
Heh, I felt that including the second side of the sheets was overkill, since (nearly) everything other than the terrain overlays is identical on both sides

I went through my terrain overlays. I seem to have six buildings total - four of the yellow thatched roof huts and two of the large wood inns. So it would indeed seem that the scensario map has a 'typo' of sorts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Descent 2nd Edition fanMicrobadge: Battles of Westeros fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: Roborally fanMicrobadge: Street Fighter fan
blackomatic wrote:
yes, there are not enough tiles for razing the red fork in the core set
All you guys who only have the core set should write to FFG Customer Service and demand extra tiles. It only makes sense and it is yet another error by the BoW team that should be brought to light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls