Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy McKinney
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: A Game of Thrones fanMicrobadge: 2012 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 2012 Silver SupporterMicrobadge: University of Kentucky
"Martial Law also introduces the feeding mechanism: Feed your chained orders to give them greater effect!"

So that seems to be the big new component of this expansion. Sounds like it could be interesting. I'm assuming it will be some sort of discarding mechanic. But will it get it's own card text, be an "In Play" effect, or something else entirely?

Also as a stand-alone game, maybe we will be seeing new wound types?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: In Memoriam: Chad JensenMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Knowing that there are plans for a new wound effects, perhaps the feeding mechanism works off that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizbeth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Space Theme fanMicrobadge: Infinity RPG fanMicrobadge: Gwen Grayson - Doomed WandererMicrobadge: BisexualMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Mmmm, if it uses wounds then:

i) you use wounds as a 'power up' to certain cards
ii) you use wounds as a way of continuing a chain (IE, they're 'wild' colours, but at some penalty presumably)
iii) you can choose to gain wounds to power up cards (feeding yourself to them?)

all of which sound kinda cool, but no, complete speculation from someone who doesn't even have the base set yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The advertising blurb states that you feed your chained orders to give them greater effect. It goes on to state that the feed mechanic adds new strategy and tactics. I'm looking forward to it's July release. I'm also looking forward to the promos. I need more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mondle
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
It would be useful if you could use it to activate kickers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
Microbadge: Ubuntu userMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: I design board games!Microbadge: Racquetball player
There is now an example of the Feed effect:

Board Game: Nightfall: Martial Law

AEGTodd wrote:
Feed: The Feed mechanic works as follows. Upon resolving the card, you perform its effect once as normal. Then, immediately, you may choose to pay the Feed Cost, be it “Discard Two Cards” or “Take a Wound” to have the effect happen again. You may pay the Feed cost as many times as you are able and wish for that many iterations of the effect. Once you have stopped, the chain continues to resolve as normal and you may not re-use that particular Feed effect again (unless you played another copy of that same card elsewhere in the chain). - Source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls