Subject: Winter Terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Rivet WarsMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Dust Tactics fan - I play SSUMicrobadge: Dust Tactics fan - I play AxisMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan
I bought DT not just for the exellent models and game play but to create winter terrain, something I have never attempted before. So after locating a forest of Fir trees and a tub of Army Painter snow, I set to doing away with the random blocks of concrete littering the battlefield. I may house-rule that spotter and sniper teams can occupy these tiles which count as hard cover, for everything else it counts as normal blocking, impassible terrain.
External image

External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Das Boot fanMicrobadge: StarCraft: Brood War fanMicrobadge: Silver Image Uploader
Looks awesome! Very natural and convincing. How did you apply the snow to the trees and what kind of glue did you use for that? Would drybrushing with skull white produce any decent effects (that's what I've been planning to do with my trees)?

And you already have the artillery walker... I'll have to wait until next weekend to get my hands on those angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Rivet WarsMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Dust Tactics fan - I play SSUMicrobadge: Dust Tactics fan - I play AxisMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan
Thanks, and did you find Wally/Walter in the pic? All I done to the tree is spray with white undercoat from above at a 45' angle - simples I was going to add flock but as the snow is sort of semi-transparent I wanted to undercoat the tree first to make the snow whiter, but after spraying didn't think itwas neccessary. I don't think dry-brushing would work as the green flock of the tree will probably stick to your brush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls