Subject: Post your April Fools jokes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
Microbadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: MeditatorMicrobadge: Nespresso fanMicrobadge: The multiverse!  Fan of theoretical physics I don't understandMicrobadge: Stanley Kubrick fan
This is a catch-all thread for all pranks - people you know, websites, magazines, everything.

A friend of ours tried to fool her kids today. She bought donut holes and filled them with ketchup, and told them the dounts were strawberry-filled. But her kids were smarter than that. They closely inspected the donuts and told her "Donuts for breakfast? We know what today is; you're not fooling us."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
Microbadge: Level 18 BGG posterMicrobadge: Guitar fanMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fanMicrobadge: Photographer
I'm filing my taxes today. I hope they get the joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Microbadge: City of Chaos fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls series fanMicrobadge: Christian UniversalistMicrobadge: Swords & Wizardry RPG fanMicrobadge: My lover is also a BGG user
Happy April Fool's, everyone! No joke! Also, someone ate my soul a few years ago, so no seconds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love the UK!Microbadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: X-Men fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: I love Switzerland!
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

This made me chuckle... also a funny from WOTC's site:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/dai...

Only really funny to Magic players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The rest of the people on my team stayed home sick today.

We have some critical deadlines - I have to do all the work.

NOT a funny joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love old school tin can CylonsMicrobadge: Kansas State UniversityMicrobadge: Muppets fan - BeakerMicrobadge: Military PilotMicrobadge: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal
walk_softly wrote:
The rest of the people on my team stayed home sick today.

We have some critical deadlines - I have to do all the work.

NOT a funny joke.
And yet, here you are on chit chat with the rest of us miscreants...

(edit to add: just teasing, of course! Even busy people need a break once in a while during the day!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fan Microbadge: Mini Cooper fanMicrobadge: Texas A&M UniversityMicrobadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: Descent 2nd Edition fan
Come to the Dark Side, we have ice cream:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/looflirpa/e8b8/?pfm=April...

And the rest of the items at http://www.thinkgeek.com/

Edit:
And my company gets into the act:
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110401
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Twitter userMicrobadge: Celebrating 3k Twitter Followers for @rpggeekMicrobadge: University of VirginiaMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: RPG Geek of the Week!
I actually believed this for a minute.

But, then realized that no one else was reporting it.

Boo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
When I went outside this morning to walk the dog, someones car was completely saran wrapped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Ohio State UniversityMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: My wife says I have too many board gamesMicrobadge: LGBTQ allyMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
My girls usually know to look for something...
My oldest daughter(13)- I took her ipod, downloaded everything off to the PC and then uploaded a bunch of random crap I got from the library.(Donny Osmond, opera, showtunes, etc.) I won't get to see the reaction though since it probably will be on the bus.whistle
The younger daughter(11)-Her morning routine is to watch her "Cake Boss" shows from the DVR. So....I figured out how to create a new folder and named it something random and then moved all her shows into it. This one I got to see
There was a panic until Mom reminded her what day it was....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Strategicon attendeeMicrobadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Picture of the Year - 1st placeMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many GamesMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
Very funny BGG, I see what you did there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
Microbadge: Alea fanMicrobadge: Project GIPF fanMicrobadge: I won Isaac Bickerstaff's Chit Chat Thread of the Day Award!Microbadge: DVONN fanMicrobadge: Hans im Glück fan
I just sent the following e-mail out to some of my coworkers:

Quote:
All—

I wanted to show you a new Salesforce feature that they just implemented this week. It's currently just a limited beta test, however, so there's only a one-day window for end-users like ourselves to enable it and try it out. What it is is "Monitor Access," and it allows desktop and laptop users to navigate through Salesforce by touching their monitor just like on an iPhone or an iPad. I've been using it all day and so far it's making things a HUNDRED times easier.

All you need to do is click on your name up top and choose "Setup." Then expand "My Personal Information" on the left and choose "Monitor Controls" from the menu (the second from the bottom—see picture below).

On the page that follows, just click the "Enable" checkbox and use the slider to specify how sensitive you want the screen to be. So, move it over to the picture of the little bird if you want it to be very sensitive (i.e., to have it respond to a very light touch) or move it to the picture of the rhino if you want it to be less sensitive (so the screen only reacts if you press it hard).

From gallery of Gola

Feel free to pass this on to whoever you think might benefit.

The only weird thing is that I sneezed once and it logged me out, but that's no big deal.

Joe
EDIT: The drama unfolds:

Stacy, 2:00 PM 4/1/11 wrote:
You are either special, or I missed the window, because "monitor controls" is not there.
Joe, 2:04 PM 4/1/11 wrote:
Hmm...maybe I automatically enabled yours when I did mine, since I'm an administrator? Try opening Salesforce and tapping on one of the links on the monitor. You don't have to tap too hard, just do it gently, like you do on a smartphone.
Edit: It turns out that Stacy is not a big fan of practical jokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ramen lover
ThinkGeek - PLAYMOBIL iStore

External image

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/looflirpa/e8bb/

Edit:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love the UK!Microbadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: X-Men fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: I love Switzerland!
I put signs on all of our copiers saying they were voice activated now. I've tricked a few people, including one girl I can't stand. That felt nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Follower of JesusMicrobadge: We're all mad about JonnaMicrobadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: Tenderness and kindness are manifestations of strength and resolutionsMicrobadge: 2019 Women & Gaming Holiday Card Exchange Participant
I haven't had much "success" with it, but maybe you can join in on the fun? My revised top games thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/637282/i-have-seen-the-light
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Twitter userMicrobadge: Celebrating 3k Twitter Followers for @rpggeekMicrobadge: University of VirginiaMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: RPG Geek of the Week!
I can't watch videos at work, but apparently YouTube has vintage viral videos from 1911. Can anyone confirm this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
Microbadge: Level 18 BGG posterMicrobadge: Guitar fanMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fanMicrobadge: Photographer
Last year on this date, I was fired. But I got the last laugh. I got ANOTHER JOB!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Simpson
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: X-Com fanMicrobadge: Minecraft fanMicrobadge: Futurama fanMicrobadge: Playing until death!
De-3D Glasses to stop headaches whilst watching 3D movies at the cinema,

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/looflirpa/e8be/?pfm=April...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: MeditatorMicrobadge: Nespresso fanMicrobadge: The multiverse!  Fan of theoretical physics I don't understandMicrobadge: Stanley Kubrick fan
Rishi wrote:
I can't watch videos at work, but apparently YouTube has vintage viral videos from 1911. Can anyone confirm this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A message on the Huffington Post website:

Quote:
Today marks a significant transition for The Huffington Post Media Group, as we introduce digital subscriptions for employees of The New York Times. It's an important step that we hope you will see as an investment in The Huffington Post. If you are not an employee of The New York Times, you will continue to have full and free access to our news, information, opinion, and the rest of our rich offerings. If you are an employee of The Times, you may view one free article a month or choose one of our NYT Employee Digital Subscription Plans®. In our most popular plan, Times employees can view the first 6 letters of each word at no charge (including slideshows of adorable kittens). After 6 letters, we will ask you to become a digital subscriber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Microbadge: FIRST robotics - Sport for the MindMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Thumbday our thumbs will reach the heavens!Microbadge: Turtle Artist fan - Turtle Artist fanMicrobadge: LGBTQ ally
I enjoyed this one, if only it were possible!

Adblock Freedom: augmented reality eyewear, block billboards and magazine ads in realtime!

http://chromeadblock.com/freedom/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Follower of JesusMicrobadge: We're all mad about JonnaMicrobadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: Tenderness and kindness are manifestations of strength and resolutionsMicrobadge: 2019 Women & Gaming Holiday Card Exchange Participant
I just found this one (I've been on BGG mostly):

http://blog.gasbuddy.com/posts/GasBuddy-to-team-up-with-140-...

Today GasBuddy has agreed to work with over 140,000 gas stations in the U.S. and Canada to announce their intention to CLOSE in the coming weeks as we go back to the stone age.

With the high level of communication required to let motorists know, GasBuddy has accepted an agreement to use their network to assist in communicating this with motorists.

Gas stations across the U.S. and Canada will soon begin shutting down their stores and stop selling gas so that we can return to the stone age where cars and gasoline are no longer required.

The U.S. has opened hundreds of acres so that individuals can properly bury their cars and say goodbye. Retail stores across the nation are expected to begin selling Flintstone mobiles as soon as possible to lessen the impact.

Also, shoe manufacturers are bracing for additional demand for shoes that can handle the tough task of being used for hundreds of miles.

Users should stay tuned and be ready for further updates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I used Gmail Motion to send an email to one of my ex-wives. What I meant to say was,

"Hope all is well with you in prison."

But what came out was,

"You bitch! 20 to life isn't nearly enough!"

Oh well. Maybe when Google gets the software out of beta we'll all learn to get along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of big brother and little sister
EgorjLileli wrote:
I just found this one (I've been on BGG mostly):

http://blog.gasbuddy.com/posts/GasBuddy-to-team-up-with-140-...

Today GasBuddy has agreed to work with over 140,000 gas stations in the U.S. and Canada to announce their intention to CLOSE in the coming weeks as we go back to the stone age.

With the high level of communication required to let motorists know, GasBuddy has accepted an agreement to use their network to assist in communicating this with motorists.

Gas stations across the U.S. and Canada will soon begin shutting down their stores and stop selling gas so that we can return to the stone age where cars and gasoline are no longer required.

The U.S. has opened hundreds of acres so that individuals can properly bury their cars and say goodbye. Retail stores across the nation are expected to begin selling Flintstone mobiles as soon as possible to lessen the impact.

Also, shoe manufacturers are bracing for additional demand for shoes that can handle the tough task of being used for hundreds of miles.

Users should stay tuned and be ready for further updates!
Nobody will be laughing when this happens for real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
From Salon.com:

Every GOP 2012 candidate was "Just kidding!"

"Of course the president isn't a Marxist bent on destroying capitalism. That makes absolutely no sense," said Michele Bachmann, R-Minn. "And for the record, I find Gore Vidal's historical novels both insightful and wickedly clever." Bachmann added that she's not actually running for president. "God, can you imagine?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |