Now when I click on BGG in Bookmarks or on the yellow words Board Games at the top of the screen I am sent to the page that looks like a Google front page with a text field and the button "Search". If I type something into the text field it gives me a list of matches - typing "front page" produced a list of Monopoly related games (?). It also allows me to access the BGG Front Page but only "temporarily".

What can I do to get to my Front Page directly?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Weesner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gears of War fanMicrobadge: Houston Astros fanMicrobadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Hellboy: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk fan
Me too, but with the message that I can still access Boardgamegeek for free for awhile. Is BGG about to start charging "membership dues?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bury
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fan - JintekiMicrobadge: Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001-? fanMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fan Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a Cylon
I recommend you all check your calendars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Newell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: BixCON AttendeeMicrobadge: Life is Short; Play Games!
I recommend you type in "Puerto Rico" in the search bar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Nichol
United States
Prineville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love contestsMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys and Two GirlsMicrobadge: My wife says I have too many board gamesMicrobadge: RetiredMicrobadge: Oregon State University
tehjburz wrote:
Ha, ha! But I do not find it amusing Wake up Admins your prank is causing more problems than amusement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MWChapel wrote:
"HA HA"
I understand its a joke. Sort of like a flaming bag of poop on my door step.

Josh Bury wrote:
In my defense I live on the West Coast - the last populated time zone. For me the fun started yesterday. Celebrating March 31 by watching someone elses idea of humour and not being able to find a damn thing. I was planning to do something very serious on BGG, yes I was (you have no idea). I had on my glasses and a fake beard! But I was stymied by these shenanigans.

The question remains - how can I quietly opt out of this exercise without disturbing others joy? Or do I have to wait untill tomorrow?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: 2020 Ultimate SupporterMicrobadge: 2020 Herculean Supporter
Ned Ludd wrote:

The question remains - how can I quietly opt out of this exercise without disturbing others joy? Or do I have to wait untill tomorrow?

Thank you.
The link at the top of the search results page will turn it off for you until you close your tab/browser
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The Barefoot Killer wrote:
I recommend you type in "Puerto Rico" in the search bar...
That's exactly what I did too! Got some weird Rico music flash video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Nichol
United States
Prineville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love contestsMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys and Two GirlsMicrobadge: My wife says I have too many board gamesMicrobadge: RetiredMicrobadge: Oregon State University
MWChapel wrote:
nichol wrote:
tehjburz wrote:
Ha, ha! But I do not find it amusing Wake up Admins your prank is causing more problems than amusement.
You've been here 6 years and don't already know that Aldie does a prank every year?
Don't mind the pranks EXCEPT when they cause me (and others) more hassel than amusement yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Weesner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gears of War fanMicrobadge: Houston Astros fanMicrobadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Hellboy: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk fan
Dang it! I fell for it hook, line and sinker and I don't have an excuse because today is my wife's birthday. When she was born her father called and told his mother, "Guess what mom, we have twins!" She immediately explained "April Fools" and he said, "Not this time!"

I need to get my head in the game (I heard you all groan). Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hall
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"...This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."-- John 6:29
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: I shoot with filmMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Agent Carter fanMicrobadge: I make my own jam
Coltcomics wrote:
Dang it! I fell for it hook, line and sinker and I don't have an excuse because today is my wife's birthday. When she was born her father called and told his mother, "Guess what mom, we have twins!" She immediately explained "April Fools" and he said, "Not this time!"

I need to get my head in the game (I heard you all groan). Sorry.
Don't feel bad. Today is MY birthday and I still fell for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt erwin
United States
reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Roleplaying Since 1979Microbadge: The Thing fanMicrobadge: Book readerMicrobadge: Dungeons & Dragons fanMicrobadge: I 69
Quote:
Don't mind the pranks EXCEPT when they cause me (and others) more hassel than amusement
What is life like being this uptight? Just wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
TX
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Microbadge: GameNight! fanMicrobadge: Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game fanMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blog
I decided to revert back to the old interface - the new one was much too neat and clean, plus it had a lot of bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls