Hide
8 Posts

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Alert! I found money and it's burning a hole in my pocket. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh King
msg tools
Microbadge: Wings of War fanMicrobadge: I raised a Zombie for Todd's cancer fightMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Duel of Ages fan
So it turns out I comlpetly forgot about selling an fx pedal last year. Last night I checked paypal and found we hed 118 in it. I put 50 in savings but now have 60 to spend on games. I do not know what to buy. I need help. I am not worried about ow many to buy, but want to get at least two. The first I need something light, thematic, easy to set up for the wife and I. Second, something a little more meaty. My wife loves TAtAN, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and A Touch of Evil but need more than 2 or take too long to set up after the baby goes to sleep. Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cleal
Australia
Port Kembla
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Star Wars: Outer Rim fanMicrobadge: This is how I roll...Microbadge: I Have Unlocked Squeak & Sausage!Microbadge: Mario Kart fanMicrobadge: House Stark
Carccasonne the castle
Perry Rhodan
there is a couple of ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Surly Brewing Co. fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Pipe smokerMicrobadge: Eminent Domain fan
Jambo
Blue Moon

Those are 2 favorites with my fiancee and I.

You might check out Cave Troll. It's a very thematic area control game. I don't like it much with 3 or 4 but with 2 I enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Mountain BikerMicrobadge: AndMicrobadge: Cocktail fanMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I'm screwed!
You're still young.

drugs and alcohol.

(It took me five attempts to write alcohol: is that a good sign?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a while
Send the money to me.
And I will give you good gaming advice in return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh King
msg tools
Microbadge: Wings of War fanMicrobadge: I raised a Zombie for Todd's cancer fightMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Duel of Ages fan
done and done on those fronts, jack. now my fuel is boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: University of OregonMicrobadge: BirdwatcherMicrobadge: Playing until death!Microbadge: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan

Summoner Wars: Master Set for an excellent 2 person game.

Letters from Whitechapel We just played this and found it to be a lot of fun. It's more thematic than Scotland Yard... and the components are great. Check out the board.

If you still have some change get Famiglia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh King
msg tools
Thanks for all the advice. I went with Lord of the Rings for my wife and I, Summoner Wars and Pocket Battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls