Subject: Compare to Mr. Jack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Lane
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bloom County fanMicrobadge: Merlin fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: I track all my games played
How is this game compared to Mr. Jack and its expansions? Easier than? Better gameplay than?
It sounds very interesting but that long (is it really 2-3 hours long frequently?) of a game may be too much to ask from a gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of big sister and little brotherMicrobadge: Martial Arts fanMicrobadge: Crokinole fanMicrobadge: FishingMicrobadge: Hiking fan
propheticuser wrote:
How is this game compared to Mr. Jack and its expansions? Easier than? Better gameplay than?
It sounds very interesting but that long (is it really 2-3 hours long frequently?) of a game may be too much to ask from a gaming group.
They really have nothing in common (except the theme). This one's a deduction game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lockard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: Tammany Hall fanMicrobadge: The multiverse!  Fan of theoretical physics I don't understandMicrobadge: SEO guru
propheticuser wrote:
Outside of the fact that the two games share the same central character; they're two completely different games. However, for me it 'scratches the same itch'... but LfW does a better job of 'scratching that itch'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tent CamperMicrobadge: Hiking fanMicrobadge: Camping: it's in tents!
Whitechapel is actually a deduction game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of big sister and little brotherMicrobadge: Martial Arts fanMicrobadge: Crokinole fanMicrobadge: FishingMicrobadge: Hiking fan
NateStraight wrote:
You stole my joke 2 posts up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tent CamperMicrobadge: Hiking fanMicrobadge: Camping: it's in tents!
trippercook wrote:
NateStraight wrote:
You stole my joke 2 posts up
Lol. Crap. I'm 0 for 2 on sensible Whitechapel posts today it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I throw out useless box insertsMicrobadge: Aeon's End fan - Opened BreachMicrobadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Anguirus, the Unsung MonsterMicrobadge: Aeon's End: Legacy fan
How is it compare to Scotland Yard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls