Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: RainbowMicrobadge: Microscope RPG fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fanMicrobadge: Super Smash Bros. fan
If the goal of the game is to win (as opposed to explore), when do you think it's a good idea to go into the Highlands?

What do your stats look like? What do you hope to gain? Since this game is (from a tactical perspective) essentially a race, is it, perhaps, never a good idea to go in? Can everything be accomplished better elsewhere?

Note: I posted a similar thread in the Dungeon expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I track all my games playedMicrobadge: Card Sleeve userMicrobadge: I write comments on my 'Record a Play'Microbadge: I avoid KickstarterMicrobadge: Level 20 BGG poster
Not rare to see characters head straight into the Highlands. Alchemist in particular has nothing to worry about with his alchemy ability (which is borderline broken IMO), Highlander too, since there are plenty of Hills spaces there. High Str characters can choose between Dungeon and Highlands, whichever they prefer, Dungeon has bit nastier Craft Enemies, so unless they are somehow insured against them, probably Highlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Dominion fan
The Arnkhel can make for some pretty short games, it's usually a good reason to go into the highlands if you are not playing with random endings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls