Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminateMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Silver File UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Image Uploader
OK, so I went to my shortcut to get to the site and now I am taken to the Geekdo page. What happened?!?!? Now, it seems I have to go to:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wargames

to get where I was going to all along. Is this a glitch or the shape of things to come (and why was I not warned before I had to spend 15 minutes figuring how to get back "home")!!!

Unless of course, it is April's Fool Day?!?! Not fair doing this to people who work midnights.... too tired to think... Now that I am awake - it is obvious that indecent folk are taking advantage of the fatigued!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
Microbadge: Exclamation
It's a new interface that BGG is going to be implementing soon. Since Google is so wildly successful with it's simplicity, they wanted to try and declutter. Should completely replace the old BGG style within a few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: 2020 Ultimate SupporterMicrobadge: 2020 Herculean Supporter
This is BGG v4.01 - it'll probably be changed back tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: PnP / DIY fanMicrobadge: Spider loverMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Epic Armageddon fan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron Fist
msg tools
Microbadge: Heroes of Might and Magic fanMicrobadge: Dragon Age RPG fanMicrobadge: Resident Evil fanMicrobadge: April Fool's Day Easter Egg Finder 2011Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
It pisses me off that, people can't leave well enough alone,, If it is not broken, don't fix it,, I realize that this whole Geekdo is in its infancy, and I am sure that they will work out the bugs,, but this still pisses me off,, It was perfect the way it was, and my initial impression is, that Geekdo sucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cleveland Indians fanMicrobadge: Faith No More fanMicrobadge: Blue Öyster Cult fanMicrobadge: Avalon Hill fanMicrobadge: Freedom in the Galaxy fan
EaterofWorlds wrote:
It pisses me off that, people can't leave well enough alone,, If it is not broken, don't fix it,, I realize that this whole Geekdo is in its infancy, and I am sure that they will work out the bugs,, but this still pisses me off,, It was perfect the way it was, and my initial impression is, that Geekdo sucks
I kinda like it. Well, I got to go. I'm late. Look at the time (and date).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: PnP / DIY fanMicrobadge: Spider loverMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Epic Armageddon fan
EaterofWorlds wrote:

due to "popular demand" it will turn back to normal. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Macross / Robotech fanMicrobadge: Hammer's Slammers fanMicrobadge: Kwanchai Redesign FanMicrobadge: The Hobbit is the best thing Tolkien ever wrote!Microbadge: Autism Acceptance
EaterofWorlds wrote:
Perhaps Octavian should have said 4.01.11 Or for those of you not in the USA 01.04.11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Sons of the American RevolutionMicrobadge: American Legion memberMicrobadge: MensaMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
I hate "Geek-Do" home page. angry

HATE it!

I guess I will change me default BGG page from what used to be the home page to something that is actually useful.

I hope it is just some sort of bizarre April 1st joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: 2020 Ultimate SupporterMicrobadge: 2020 Herculean Supporter
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:

HATE it!

I guess I will change me default BGG page from what used to be the home page to something that is actually useful.

Have you tried searching for any of the more popular games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Glen More fanMicrobadge: Silverton fanMicrobadge: New Jersey Devils fan
Octavian wrote:

My first thought was to search for Ticket to Ride, I was amused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Arashi fanMicrobadge: Golden CamelMicrobadge: Tavern QueenMicrobadge: WriterMicrobadge: 2013 T.O.S.S.E.R. participant - Olive's back is back, again!
Close the browser and reopen it.

add or leave out the www.

make sure to try all three sites

videogamegeek
rpggeek
boardgamegeek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just hit the BoardGames link at the top or reopen browser and go to www.boardgamegeek.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: WriterMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: FeminismMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
I thought it was cute the first time. I'm not sure if it's supposed to randomly take me back to it when I refresh the homepage, though. That's getting kind of annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Agents of legitimate governments serve those over whom they exercise power, not those who exercise power over them.
Microbadge: Stay-at-home dadMicrobadge: statelyplay.com
EaterofWorlds wrote:
I initially misread the poster's username as "Eater of Words". It seemed fabulously appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
Microbadge: Tichu fanMicrobadge: Linux userMicrobadge: PhotographerMicrobadge: Disc Golf fanMicrobadge: Blogger
Octavian wrote:
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:

HATE it!

Where's the Tichu love?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Military History buffMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: CaptainMicrobadge: Famous WWII units - 99th Infantry Division "Battle Babies/Checkerboard Division" (US)
Man, there are some very humor-impaired people around here! Check your calendars - that will provide all the explanation you should need. Note that every April Fools' Day, Aldie pulls some kind of prank, so unless you are a completely new user, this kind of shenanigans should come as no surprise!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Adams
United States
Crabtree
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Montreal Canadiens fanMicrobadge: Slayer fanMicrobadge: Gamestorm attendeeMicrobadge: KISS fanMicrobadge: Chicago White Sox fan
Please, do yourself a favor and do a search for Derk. It's hawt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Russell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I guess some people forgot to check the calendar this morning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Damron
United States
Danville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Mechanical EngineerMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: I'd rather be playing boardgames!Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fan Microbadge: 2014 Secret Santa participant
apparently a lot of people... that catsuit is classic btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love AnimeeplesMicrobadge: I love AnimeeplesMicrobadge: Saint Pope John Paul II - Pray for UsMicrobadge: I love AnimeeplesMicrobadge: I love Animeeples
Searches on Derk, Aldie, Octavian and um... catsuit all have silly results.

Any other interesting ones found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Microbadge: Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued Dark tonight, turning to Partly Light in the morning. Microbadge: Trader Joe's fanMicrobadge: Game Group OrganizerMicrobadge: University of California Irvine - ZOT!Microbadge: Platinum Folding@Home donator
2011 BGG April Fool's Day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
Microbadge: Follow me on InstagramMicrobadge: Weightlifting fanMicrobadge: Chicago Cubs fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Amnesty International supporter
Innovan wrote:
Searches on Derk, Aldie, Octavian and um... catsuit all have silly results.

Any other interesting ones found?

If you want a really awesome microbadge, search for Monopoly directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Flux Capacitor - It's what makes time travel possible!Microbadge: I own your grail gameMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
thumbsdown for people who can't take a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls