Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Australian Shepherd loverMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Level 06 BGG posterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
OK, not sure if this is a hot deal item, hope so, but, been searching high and low for the out of print, older game, Reiner Knizia's Winner's Circle. Wasn't sure of the retail price, www.thoughthammer.com, sold out, has it listed as retail $45.50, their price $38.50. I checked more sites then I can remember, all sold out, most had a, dump this game, down in the mid/high 20s plus about $12 to ship. I found it below at www.thecompleatstrategist. So, hope this is/was a good deal.

Game link below.
Free ship, I did get taxed $1.58? Not sure why, don't think they have a store in Virginia, they are located in NY, NY.

http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/index.asp?PageAction=VI...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
Microbadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Golden Boardgame UploaderMicrobadge: Ultimate RPG Uploader - This user has 500+ entries and is in the RPG Geek Hall of Fame!Microbadge: Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!
House Full of Games shows they have some in stock for $25 (I didn't actually order one, so the page might be out of date). http://housefullofgames.com/title.php?id=484

Time Well Spent also shows they have it in stock:
http://www.timewellspentgames.com/html/gamepage.php?id=1332

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
It's currently, to my knowledge, OOP (and I'm unaware of any plans to reprint it, although I don't claim any special knowledge about that). With the free shipping that seems like a pretty nice deal to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie M
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: April Fool's Day Easter Egg Finder 2011
Quote:
OK, not sure if this is a hot deal item, hope so, but, been searching high and low for the out of print, older game, Reiner Knizia's Winner's Circle. Wasn't sure of the retail price, www.thoughthammer.com, sold out, has it listed as retail $45.50, their price $38.50. I checked more sites then I can remember, all sold out, most had a, dump this game, down in the mid/high 20s plus about $12 to ship. I found it below at www.thecompleatstrategist. So, hope this is/was a good deal.

Game link below.
Free ship, I did get taxed $1.58? Not sure why, don't think they have a store in Virginia, they are located in NY, NY.

http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/index.asp?PageAction=VI...
Just a heads up. I would call the telephone order number and ask if they really do have a copy in stock. I was looking at their website a few weeks ago for Tsuro, which is out of stock everywhere right now. On their website it said they had a copy from both printings (one when it was owned by WizKids and one by Calliope games, the current owner of the license I believe). This surprised me a little, so I called the company.

I was told that they didn't have copies of either edition in stock and that there is nothing in their computer system for them to take an item off when it is out of stock, which I found very odd.

When I was looking at the two editions of Tsuro, I was even able to put one of each in my cart and would most likely have been able to check out.

So, in my opinion, call them and make sure your game is in stock.

Also, they do have a gamestore in Virginia, as well as Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, in addition to their store in New York.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: I backed Cthulhu: Death May Die on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Hanabi & Ikebana fan
orangechick1337 wrote:
I was looking at their website a few weeks ago for Tsuro, which is out of stock everywhere right now.
I saw Tsuro at Barnes & Noble an hour ago when I was picking out something to buy with the 50% off coupon mentioned in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie M
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: April Fool's Day Easter Egg Finder 2011
Quote:
I saw Tsuro at Barnes & Noble an hour ago when I was picking out something to buy with the 50% off coupon mentioned in another thread.
Thanks for the information....I was at the Barnes and Noble yesterday and didn't see it. And I can't find it on their website. Too bad I'm not on the west coast. I can't find the game online or at the game stores in my area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Australian Shepherd loverMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Level 06 BGG posterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Thanks to cbrua for posting the link to http://housefullofgames.com/title.php?id=484 got this for about $34.00 shipped, beats the $60 they wanted on eBay, not worth that. Wanted TurfMaster, but, just to $$$ for what it is. Other posters were correct, ordered at 3 other sites, all sent email day or so after, out of stock, except HFoG who shipped it. They must all use the same sorry inventory system :) Funny this seems to be one of those light weight game that grows on people after it is out of print, i.e. rating goes up, used copies hard to find. Guess it wears well. Any who, if anyone else is interested they are still showing it as in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Sherrod
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: US Air ForceMicrobadge: RetiredMicrobadge: Colorado Avalanche fanMicrobadge: Mexican Food fan
Isn't Royal Turf the same game and still generally available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
fhsIV wrote:
I'm pretty Royal Turf has been OOP for quite some time now. At least that's what I was told by a friend who is a collector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
Microbadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Golden Boardgame UploaderMicrobadge: Ultimate RPG Uploader - This user has 500+ entries and is in the RPG Geek Hall of Fame!Microbadge: Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!
fhsIV wrote:
Royal Turf is long out of print. That was why Face2Face made Winner's Circle back in 2006 - because it had been out of print for a few years at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls