Popular Tags: [View All]
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Twitter userMicrobadge: Celebrating 3k Twitter Followers for @rpggeekMicrobadge: University of VirginiaMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: RPG Geek of the Week!
Okay, Blott's poll for today has me thinking about games from my childhood, and I'm trying to remember a game I played a lot.

It was a roll-and-move stock market game, and there was a giant chart in the middle of the board with a slider that listed the prices for shares of various stocks. Certain squares would make the slider go up and down, which would increase the value of half the stocks and decrease the value of the others. There were 8 stocks, and I'm pretty sure they were named after real companies. The only one I remember was Alcoa.

Any help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian s
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Django web framework programmerMicrobadge: Home BrewerMicrobadge: Good job, Reference Pear!Microbadge: Galaxy Trucker fan
Looks like it was called "Stock Market Game." http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3887/stock-market-game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Twitter userMicrobadge: Celebrating 3k Twitter Followers for @rpggeekMicrobadge: University of VirginiaMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: RPG Geek of the Week!
Quixalicious wrote:
Looks like it was called "Stock Market Game." http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3887/stock-market-game
Yup. That's it. Doh! I'm an idiot.

When I did a search for "Stock Market," I originally thought it was the wrong game because of the graphics. But it turns out I had a later edition.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Wolf of the WeekMicrobadge: 2014 Dice Tower Convention attendee
I was looking a while back for a game we played as kids with my dad. I thought it was called "Wall Street" but didn't seem to see any images.

I recall a large squarely shaped plastic board. The board was 3D and had compartments in it to keep the board bits. You bought and sold stock and had to deal with bear and bull market spaces/cards. I think it might have been roll and move but really don't recall to many details.

Anyone know what the name of this game is?

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Here I Stand fanMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome fan - GtR eagleMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan
This was my dad's favorite game while we were growing up, but with far too much bookkeeping. I've been working on a computerized version for ... 10 years or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Afrika Korps fanMicrobadge: Gen. "Stonewall" JacksonMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: The Russian Campaign fanMicrobadge: Wargamer of 50+ years
Stock Ticker. By Canada Games. The best Stock game ever published. Good for people of all ages and one heck of a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls