GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Pegasus Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: New Cyclon Locations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of adding the new Cyclon Locations and nothing else (from Pegasus) to my BSG gaming. Are these locations better than the originals, or is this just a waste of time.

Discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are strictly better. Add them always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
Discuss.

Nah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yostage wrote:
They are strictly better. Add them always.

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
I am thinking of adding the new Cyclon Locations and nothing else (from Pegasus) to my BSG gaming. Are these locations better than the originals, or is this just a waste of time.

Discuss.

Caprica
--Jump prep step is no longer ignored.
The purist in me says they should be used with Pegasus in all her glory. Otherwise, it seems to make things easier for the humans, but since you're not using the rest of Peg. material, the balance should still be on track, so it seems no real harm done here.
--The card is placed on the bottom instead of discarded
That means in the base game, you get to see what card was rejected, since discards in this game are always face up, as opposed to the wording on such as Destination cards which say you put them on the bottom of that deck. This could be valuable info ("ohhhh, Legendary Discovery was discarded!". "We're doomed!" or "we can't count on that anymore, unless we game the system and get 33 to force a reshuffle!"), but it's a corner case that's far and few. Not being able to look at rejected cards via Caprica seems to be implemented to help Cylon Leaders hide their agendas.

Cylon Fleet
They're identical

Human Fleet
Obviously, since you're not using Cylons Leaders nor SYmp-cylon, then infiltrating should be disregarded. Again, purist in me likes to see what belongs in base game stick with base game, and Pegasus stuff go with games with Pegasus, but the adventurous side of me says you could actually combine both of them...
Players get to look at hand, steal one skill card, then roll to dam. Galactica, -or- scout the Destination/crisis deck, then draw any 2, different skill cards.

Ress. Ship
If you find the base game being too skewed towards the humans, then letting a cylon fish for super crisis cards won't be too bad. If they reveal early, they may try to stock up on the good stuff (Massive Assault is tpyically deadly, but with better timing, the others can see good damage done too).

One thing from Pegasus you may want to incorporate as well (just one more) is when cylons reveal, they get to hand off all their unrevealed loyalty cards to one human player if distance is 6 or less. The "6" figure I'm sure was to be copmatible with Pegasus' New Caprica option. If strictly just the base game, it seems you'd be fine by changing it to 7 distance or less as the cutoff is for the basegame. Speaking of which, that's the reason... the Ress. Ship location allows you to handoff the excess loyalty cards, so really, either you houserule that players can still use Ress. Ship to do the handoff like in the basegame (in other words, you'd be keeping this from the basegame instead of replacing it), or just use Pegasus' handoff system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.