GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Heroes of Normandie» Forums » General

Subject: Larger maps? A new future for wargaming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the look of the game. Are there going to be larger maps? Maybe longer road sections would make it easier to set the game up. I assume buildings and treed areas will be created as well?

This game has a ton of potential!! No need for "hard wired" map boards and unit data listings. I really like that! It is a nice and simple game to boot. Advanced rules can add a whole myriad of rules to satisfy the grognards among us.

I hope to see this game over here soon. I think it has the potential to create a loyal following. Who wouldn't like round counters?

Yeah, I am giddy, but how often does a game like this pop up?

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You look optimistic... I think it will never be published!
Too bad since its a very nice game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
Maybe it should be Kickstarted. That way those of us that want it can throw in--and if enough of us do then we've won a little battle of our own. Would love to see the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovation deserves enthusiasm.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awakeneddragon wrote:
Maybe it should be Kickstarted. That way those of us that want it can throw in--and if enough of us do then we've won a little battle of our own. Would love to see the game!

do you mean something like pre-orders or a p500 style thing? Maybe authors could think about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
Yes, using it in a pre-order fashion seems best. Kickstarter looks like a dream for first-time publishers (Even if I think it's starting to be abused by second and third-time publishers--I really don't think they have any "business" being there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem is that YC is not a first-time publisher, I don't think. They just keep running into problems with their current/past publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First, thank you again for your interest.
we don't have any problem with our first publisher, Asmode. They gave us our chance but were may be not enough motivated to promote well the game (Frontier). So we tryed to find another solution to publish our new game, Heroes...

After years of work and thougths, we decided two months ago to try a P500 plublishing model (after having thinking about selling pdf files...)
So we're doing our best now to presnt you a p500 contribution as soon as possible in order to have an issue in 2012...

We'll give you news !
Yann & Clem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:
First, thank you again for your interest.
we don't have any problem with our first publisher, Asmode. They gave us our chance but were may be not enough motivated to promote well the game (Frontier). So we tryed to find another solution to publish our new game, Heroes...

After years of work and thougths, we decided two months ago to try a P500 plublishing model (after having thinking about selling pdf files...)
So we're doing our best now to presnt you a p500 contribution as soon as possible in order to have an issue in 2012...

We'll give you news !
Yann & Clem

Great news! Count me in for 1!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update! I certainly hope for the success of this game!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.